A Year Gone

Jennifer L.
on 7/29/14 6:05 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

Hey everyone! 

So I suck... life became so hectic post-surgery that I have not been on here more than two times sense my surgery on July 10th, 2013. If you are on the forums researching, let me tell you, this was the best thing I could have done for myself!!

I began my surgery journey at 265lbs (give or take) and I am now 150lbs and the weight is still dropping! I have been hearing things like "you are so skinny!" and "You look amazing!" Plus, I feel great! I feel normal. I can do things with my kids without feeling awkward and uncomfortable. I can go out and pursue my career without wondering if they didn't accept me because of my size. I can be myself around my friends and make new friends without wondering how much they are judging me. It has been amazing! BEST decision I could have ever made and I am so thrilled! 

For those who weren't on here when I was last year (which I am sure is many of you) I went to Mexico alone to get my surgery. It was the best thing I did. I went to Dr. Valenzuela and she was outstanding. My sleeve has worked so well! I eat very little (and it does get annoying when people comment on how little I can eat) but I feel so satisfied. Life is amazing and I am so glad I did this! I am starting a new life and it is amazing!!

I wanted to post before and after photos but it isn't letting me. Someone tell me how!!!

HW: 275 SW: 265 CW: 200 GW: 135 Month 1: -25 Month 5: -65lbs total
On the fence about self-pay options and if Mexico is the right choice (or scared of that option)? Let my experience (first time ever in Mexico) be your guide. Don't let fear hold you back!

Instagram

"You make me new, you are making me new" Gungor

Melissa0518
on 7/29/14 6:48 am
with

I am new to this forum just had surgery on Thursday so I'm still trying to figure everything out. I just wanted to say than for letting us know your journey and congrats at your accomplishments. You are an inspiration. 

Jennifer L.
on 7/29/14 6:50 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

Thank you! Good luck on your recovery! The beginning is definitely a process and can be rough at times but soon you will look back, it has been a year, and you are feeling amazing! So proud of you for taking that step for yourself! :) Try to keep everyone posted more than I have. lol

HW: 275 SW: 265 CW: 200 GW: 135 Month 1: -25 Month 5: -65lbs total
On the fence about self-pay options and if Mexico is the right choice (or scared of that option)? Let my experience (first time ever in Mexico) be your guide. Don't let fear hold you back!

Instagram

"You make me new, you are making me new" Gungor

(deactivated member)
on 7/29/14 7:36 am
with

You can add pictures to your profile on here - just click on your username in the right top corner of the page and click view profile - then on the left side there should be an option to upload them.

You can also host them on a site like http://imgur.com/ for free and then put them in your post using the 2nd button from the right on the message posting box.

Kelly Jean
on 7/29/14 7:57 am
VSG on 04/08/14

Jennifer congratulations on your amazing journey!!!! You sure did work that sleeve !!! :-)

♡ Kelly

grayC
on 7/29/14 10:20 am
VSG on 05/01/13

So happy you posted I actually thought of you a couple weeks ago,

I think someone else who hasn't posted in a while posted and it got me thinking.

you have done fantastic, congratulations!!

themexcellentone
on 7/29/14 1:06 pm
VSG on 07/08/13 with

I had wondered where you got to!  Glad to "see" you here again and glad to know you're doing well. :)  Don't be a stranger!

VSG by Nick Nicholson in 2013. Revised to DS 2/23/2023 by Chad Carlton.

Tracy D.
on 7/29/14 11:48 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Jennifer!!!  Girl, I have been wondering what the hell happened to you - lol!   So glad to hear that you've been successful and out there living life :-)  

Someone told me to post the pics in your profile first and then upload them to your post from there.  I'm certainly not an expert though - mine kept going in sideways.  

Stay in touch, beautiful lady! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Most Active