First lab results!

ElizaM
on 10/6/14 10:28 pm
VSG on 07/24/14

The good news: My A1C is 5.3! It was 5.8 at my last pre-op tests in July, and had been in the 6s for several years. I am so excited. I also haven't been on Metformin since surgery, so I know it's all diet/surgery/activity.

The bad news: My liver function tests (AST and ALT) came back elevated. And they were in the normal range in January of this year. I'm really anxious about that, because I need my liver to be in tip top shape (both of my parents will need transplants at some point and I want to be eligible if at all possible). 

Anyway, I'm not sure what to make of the other vitamin levels and I have a feeling it's too early to know what's going on, but I'm just thrilled about my A1C!

32F 5'8" High weight: 432 | Consult weight: 396 | Surgery weight: 335 | Current weight: 170

Kelly Jean
on 10/6/14 10:49 pm
VSG on 04/08/14

Eliza congratulations on the A1C great news!!! I don't have my first labs till this week so I don't know much about it yet!!! But keep on top of your Dr's about what to do for your levels! !! :-)

♡ Kelly

Tracy D.
on 10/7/14 1:15 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

You must had surgery in July so it's actually super-early to be having labs pulled (other than A1c).   It takes awhile for those liver enzymes to come back down so don't be too worried about anything until you have your 6 months done.  It can take quite awhile for chemical changes in the body to show up in lab work.  

You're doing great! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views