Help!

LMTSC
on 6/13/17 6:05 am
VSG on 06/29/17

I start the pre op diet on Thurs and this morning my nerves have gone crazy.......CRAZY. any ideas on what I can do or take to make it through these next two 2wks?

I can and I will

WATCH ME!

Notaboutperfect
on 6/13/17 6:49 am
VSG on 11/08/16

There's not much to do, but do it. Remind yourself, it's not a choice, you must follow your surgeon's instruction to be ready for surgery. (imagine if you got on the table and they couldn't get around your liver!)

The pre-op liquid diet was the most difficult for me because I was hungry. My sister (who was two years post) told me "just don't think about it". It's a test of your will, but very important. And, thankfully, when it's over you'll never have to feel like that again. Remember you are stronger than you think and you can do anything for just two weeks!

LMTSC
on 6/13/17 7:00 am
VSG on 06/29/17

Thanks......i don't think I'm anxious about the pre op diet as much as I am about surgery now!

I can and I will

WATCH ME!

Notaboutperfect
on 6/13/17 1:12 pm
VSG on 11/08/16

You'll rock it, no worries!

Knitter215
on 6/13/17 8:32 am
VSG on 08/23/16

Make a list of things you want to do once you lose the weight

List some rewards for goals - 50 pounds, 100 pounds

Root through the closet for all the small sizes you never got rid of and bring them forward.

Drink water

Walk around the block

Read a book.

Breathe deep.

Do some yoga or meditate

Pray (if that's your thing)

Know that this part of the journey is tough, but you've got it.

The two weeks before surgery, I think are the most difficult. Get the house ready for when you come home. Clean the house, put fresh sheets on the bed.

Keep yourself busy.

You've got this.

Keep on losing!

Diana

HW 271.5 (April 2016) SW 246.9 (8/23/16) CW 158 (5/2/18)

LMTSC
on 6/13/17 8:54 am
VSG on 06/29/17

Thank you

I can and I will

WATCH ME!

hollykim
on 6/13/17 10:00 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On June 13, 2017 at 1:05 PM Pacific Time, LMTSC wrote:

I start the pre op diet on Thurs and this morning my nerves have gone crazy.......CRAZY. any ideas on what I can do or take to make it through these next two 2wks?

you have a greater chance of being killed in a car accident two blocks away from your home, than you have of dying from a surgery.

You would not have been cleared if they thought you wouldn't survive surgery.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views