Training for TNT half marathon

Barb McGraw
on 3/31/06 9:51 pm - Mount Hermon, CA
Lap Band on 05/18/05 with
Hi: I've been lurking here and realize I could jump on board. I'm training for TNT (Team in Training) up here in the gorgeous coastal redwoods of central CA. Our team has a 8 year old boy with leukemia whom we are sponsoring and the research money goes to Stanford. My half marathon will be May 7. We have coaches and trainers who keep us on a rigorous schedule. April will be a vital month to keep up my miles, as well as my weight training 2x a week. To think last year at this time I could barely climb stairs. I'm 60 years old and starting a new life. 285/224/160
BeckyKyles
on 4/1/06 4:21 am - Houston, TX
I love to hear that. I love marathon and half marathons and to do one in California must be wonderful. I wish you luck and lots of fun. Becky
Tracy B
on 4/3/06 12:46 pm - Erie, PA
Wow, that's fantastic!!!!!! I wish you the best of luck and please let us know how it goes! Tracy B 328/156 5'9"
dfpoland
on 4/7/06 1:49 pm - MIDWEST CITY, OK
I am hoping to beable to do a Half marothon later this year. I am going to do a 10k in the morning. Are you walking or running the race? I am trying to race walk. I Know I am way to heavy to run. Good luck on your training. Deb 392/275/180
Rilabie_Chime
on 4/9/06 4:29 am - Littlerock, CA
Mmmmm, love those Redwoods, one of my favorite places. What a wonderful cause and a great way to get in your exercise. Good luck, I know you can do it! Ingrid
Most Active