Rheumatoid Arthritis

Melissab1
on 3/30/11 4:20 am - OH

I had surgery in Jan 2004 - I was just diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis in both of my knees. Does anyone else have this? I'm looking to find out if there is an anti inflammatory that I can take. I'm scared and very nervous.

Thanks!
Melissa

Weight loss history
270-125-135 :-) Have kept if off for 6 years.

Bama Beach Girl
on 3/30/11 4:31 am - some where, AL
My ex-husband has been dealing with this for 10 years.  The doctor wanted to put him on some serious meds, so I researched and found a natural way to relieve the problem.  Cherry Juice.  Yep, sounds insane but he has been on it for all these years and it helps manage his aches and pains and swelling.  He goes to the health food store and buys the concentrate black cherry juice.  Started off drinking several 8 oz bottles of the mixture and then down to only one a day.  He has not had gastric, and the carb/sugar levels are high in this drink.  Each drink has 100 cals in it.  May not be for you, but I swear to this remedy at least for him.  I had always heard my great grandmother speak of the health benefits from cherry juice but thought that it was crazy.  I literally watched, over a few months, his right thumb reduce in size from his football injuries in high school.  He has gotten lazy and off it at times, and the swelling would always reoccur.

May not be for you, but I wanted to share as it might work for someone out there!

Good luck to you, i have seen in him the pain this disease can cause!

gail
H.A.L.A B.
on 3/31/11 5:52 am
There are a lot of herbal stuff for that.  Usually mixes of different herbs.  Best if you consult a good herbalist or a naturopath practitioner.
BTW: fish oil has a very strong antiinflamotory, same with the chrondium, glucosamin, MSM.. etc.,

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

vitalady
on 4/1/11 10:25 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
You are seeing a rheumy? RA is a whole different disease process than osteo arthritis. I was dx with OA years ago, but recent inflammation has made everyone think it is now RA.

That's an autoimmune and is progressive. I do not want that dx. I told them to erase it. Don't write it down. Still, I have undergone blood and MRI testing for it. Won't find out til next week, but I do not want RA.

I have not been able to take NSAIDS since the 1980's, and using pain meds to handle it will only last so long. Not much I can do with the stiffness.

I'm kinda nervous about some of the specific RA meds.

Be sure to share what you are told as to treatment and getting a definitive dx.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

Most Active
Recent Topics