Accountability - Saturday

Not the Same Dawn
on 4/16/11 11:10 am - BEE EFF EEE, CA
A great Saturday..Walked over 5 miles..in the sunshine. I even got alittle sunburn..not enough to hurt but enough to know that there was sunshine! Got some great pictures of the cars in the car show area..and we ate there too.

My eats:

Early breakfast: coffee, protein waffles, apple, sugar free pancake syrup - I made my waffles for the next week so I won't have any unplanned eating this week.

double espresso latte

24 oz herb tea

Second Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs, 2 slices tomato, 2 slices rye toast and alittle more coffee

24 oz container of water

24 oz container of water

teriyaki chicken bowl. I ate all the chicken, all the broccoli AND my husband's broccoli and alittle cooked cabbage..the rice I didn't touch

16 oz container of water

24 oz container of water

coffee with NSA Swiss Miss

Dinner: 5+ oz pork chop, braised in mushroom soup and 1/4 cup mashed potato (good stuff!)

I could have dessert too! But I haven't decided on a dessert at all. Maybe just some ice water.

Totals for the day:
Calories: 1335
Fat: 67.7
Carbs: 97.9
Protein: 99.7

Protein is at 29%..not bad at all. I'm exhausted..three loads of laundry and some housework done too. all my vitamins too.

How did you do? 
Yes, RNY worked for me but it also requires a lot of work from me!

Before Surgery: 214
Highest Weight: 240
Now: 125.6
Goal: 130
leila_assaeeda
on 4/16/11 3:45 pm
I had a great day, too! Okay, I didn't do any walking, but I did get the rest of my papers in and I think that I am almost caught up with grading.. I'm supposed to go to a barbecue in the partk tomorrow. I'll watch out for the sunshine. I really don't do sunburn very well.

I didn't make it on last night, but my totals for yesterday were: calories: 1475 and protein: 86 grams.

Today:
10am cottage cheese and applesauce and protein
11am coffee cake...
2pm coffee (heavy with milk) and mac and cheese and peas
7pm mac and cheese and peas and SF pudding
10pm pistachios

Yesterday was a good off-scale moment, when I put as much peas as I did mac and cheese in the bowl...amazing how that looks..

today's totals:
calories: 1390
protein: 87 grams

all fluids and vitamins.

okay, turning in for the night. Hope everyone has a good day tomorrow.
Leila
Not the Same Dawn
on 4/16/11 11:07 pm - BEE EFF EEE, CA
Great idea with the peas! I've been putting shredded cooked cabbage in things that need pasta and it's amazing how well it goes!
Keep up the good work..See ya.

SUNRAY
on 4/17/11 1:46 am - Sacramento, CA
Hi again...as usual a day late  but at least I'm reporting in ;-)  Saturday was a good day and I had some 'challenges' to put it mildly.  Huge anger episode...but I was aware of the feelings, how I wanted comfort food (or something!) but didn't get up and get anything, even something legit. ^_^  Had plans to meet my son in Old Sac for his b/day and knew pickings for dinner were going to be a challenge but I managed pretty well and even got 20oz of water in while we were walking around after dinner.  I also got a 3 miles walk in early in the morning, so I know that helped. LOL

B  chocolate protein drink w/1c soy milk
20oz water
L 3oz beef jerky
20oz water
D  1 fish sandwich w/lettuce/1sl tomato sans bun (made my own 'lettuce wrap LOL)
20oz water
S  8pc SF taffy
late D  2-2" 5-meat pizza slices  (fish didn't quite do it )
16oz Sobe water

totals:  1505 calories  60.4g fat  119.8g carb  115.5g protein
Considering the day overall, not bad and proud of my 'mindful NOT eating' issue ^_^
You two did great!  Dawn, how you managed to not taste even a little of the rice is fantastic!  Tho I know I can't tolerate it..I would still have pushed the envelope...just because it was there LOL
And Leila...great idea on the same portion of peas as mac/cheese!  So happy to see you have found a way to get protein grams up...keep up the good work!
See ya all later today (Sunday)..so far it's a much better day LOL
Nancy aka Sunray

243.0/213.0/141/130  Highest/Surgery/Current/Goal

Not the Same Dawn
on 4/18/11 4:55 am - BEE EFF EEE, CA
LOL..you did great too. To be aware of your angry feelings and be able to express them rather than *eat* them is a big deal..a really big deal..I love Old Sac..we went there for something some time ago..lots of fun..Next time we're up in Sac, I'll have to send you a message! My younger Step daughter lives in Orangevale..and we go there about as often as she comes down here. We were there in December (when I got my cute little tattoo) and in July last year too.

I sat under a tree and ate that chicken bowl. When I got to the rice, I left the bowl with my husband and went to the rest room or walked away..when I got back, the rice was GONE..what a good hubby for tossing what he knew I shouldn't want and would probably be tempted to eat...does he know me well? YUP..

Here is to better days..Keep up the good work. See ya.

Most Active
Recent Topics