Accountability - Wednesday

Not the Same Dawn
on 4/27/11 11:25 am - BEE EFF EEE, CA
We got alittle reprieve from the wind this afternoon but hear that it will be blowing again tomorrow. This is the time of year the wind isn't appreciated. When the temps are up over 100, then we appreciate alittle windiness..Talk about fickle people!

5:30 am 12 oz coffee w/NSA Swiss Miss

6:00 am 1/4 serving protein waffle with 1 small green apple, 1/3 serving sf pancake syrup

6:30 am double espresso and soy milk(gotta love my espresso maker!)

7:00 am 24 oz herb tea, Lipton Bavarian Berry

8:00 am 1 oz cheddar cheese, 1 pc turkey breast deli meat

8:45 am 24 oz drink mix with ice, Hawaiian Punch Orange

9:45 am 24 oz drink mix with ice, GV Energy Dragon Fruit Caffeinated

10:45 am 1 cup cooked cabbage, 1 cup spaghetti sauce with lean ground beef and maybe one small meatball

12:00 pm 12 oz decaf with half n half

1:00 pm 24 oz drink mix with ice, Crystal Light Energy Strawberry Caffeinated

3:00 pm 1 hard boiled egg, 1 small tangerine

3:30 pm 24 oz drink mix with ice, Lipton Ice Tea with Lemon

4:30 pm 24 oz drink mix with ice, Wyler's Pink Lemonade

6:00 pm 5 oz burger patty, 1 slice processed cheese food, 1 sandwich thin, mayo

Along with that burger I had a handful (probably an ounce) of honey roasted peanuts..yeah, I've been snacking!

So the totals for the day are......

Calories: 1590
Fat: 87.3
Carbs: 101.3
Protein: 112.9

The protein dropped down to 29%, carbs are 24% and fat totals up to 48%..yikes. but it wasn't bad fat, so far as I can see...I still like these totals.

How did you do? 
Yes, RNY worked for me but it also requires a lot of work from me!

Before Surgery: 214
Highest Weight: 240
Now: 125.6
Goal: 130
leila_assaeeda
on 4/27/11 2:36 pm
Good evening Dawn.

Today was a crisis day. My calories were 1720 and 600 of that was just sweets. My protein was about 75 grams.

And my weight is up from 142 to 149. I must find a way to pull away from the sugar and refined carbs. You have given advice in the past, but I have not changed my eating habits. At least, not enough. More importantly, I have not made the choice to get rid of the sweets. I keep telling myself that they will be alright in moderation. But I don't see moderation, I see escalating consumption.

God help me. I really don't want to waste my life in slavery to sugar.
Leila
Not the Same Dawn
on 4/28/11 4:48 am - BEE EFF EEE, CA

Leia..One day didn't gain you 7 pounds! No WAY, NUH UH..no way..You can gain that from water and a high salt intake over a day or two...but no way..7 pounds is a gallon of water to put things in perspective..

Scrape yourself off the ceiling and come back down here..You'll be fine..it's not just the one day and you've been doing really well. Yeah, you do need to get rid of the sweets but none of us is perfect! All of us slip occasionally..it's very hard.

Look up substance addiction and you'll see! AA meetings are all about slip ups and encouraging people to stay on track and that's what we do...we encourage you to keep trying. So you slipped up for a day..get back on the wagon and try again..

Don't beat yourself up. Don't talk down to yourself. You're better than that..You have value in alot of lives..including your own..keep trying and we'll keep cheering you on..

Keep up the good work. It's hard but YOU'RE WORTH IT! See ya.

Yes, RNY worked for me but it also requires a lot of work from me!

Before Surgery: 214
Highest Weight: 240
Now: 125.6
Goal: 130
Most Active
Recent Topics