Is gallbladder problems commen after wls?

Debra Welker
on 6/5/11 2:53 am - Kaukauna, WI
Im five years out and have been having alot of pain after eating certain foods, could this be my gallbladder? the pain is at the top of my pouch area between my ribs, kinda goes in waves of pain . then goes away after about 20 min.
Not the Same Dawn
on 6/5/11 10:22 am - BEE EFF EEE, CA
Yes. the surgeon usually has you take something to make your gallbladder happy after surgery for a while. I can't remember what it was..Acti-gall I think?

Anyway, I had some problems with my gallbladder recently cuz I was eating too much fat and then alcohol (it was in the form of nyquill) and so I had a pretty mild gallbladder attack that felt like killer gas, waves of pain and it had me on the floor rolling around in the middle of the night for about an hour and then done..

I looked up a gallbladder cleansing diet and added some flax seed, more veggies, flax oil and went to have it checked..in the week that it took to get in to see the doctor and have an ultra sound of my gallbladder, it had cleared up. Needless to say, I eat at least a half a medium apple a day, sometimes twice a day and lower fat than I'd been doing before.
Yes, RNY worked for me but it also requires a lot of work from me!

Before Surgery: 214
Highest Weight: 240
Now: 125.6
Goal: 130
Most Active
Recent Topics