Accountability - Thursday

Not the Same Dawn
on 7/14/11 12:03 pm - BEE EFF EEE, CA
Well, not consuming the caffeine didnt' help my sleep last night. I was WIDE awake! So different tactic today..I'm consuming caffeine! I really want to just get through this day and tomorrow so that I can get on to the weekend!

5:30 am 12 oz coffee w/NSA Swiss Miss

6:00 am 1/4 serving protein waffles, 4 large strawberries, 1/3 serving sf pancake syrup

6:45 am double espresso latte..(2 oz espresso, 1/2 cup plain soy milk frothed)

7:00 am 24 oz herb tea, Stash Chocolate Hazelnut

8:15 am 1 oz cheddar cheese,

9:00 am 24 oz drink mix with ice, Crystal Light Energy Peach (Caffeinated)

10:00 am 24 oz drink mix with ice, Crystal Light Hydrating Berry

11:00 am half of my lunch: 2 banquet meatlike patties (one salisbury steak; the other some sort of riblet thing) and 1/2 cup canned corn

12:00 pm 12 oz decaf with half n half and splenda

12:40 pm the other half of my lunch (blek..I really don't like these..hubby and I need to have a confab on this stuff!)

1:15 pm 24 oz drink mix with ice, Lipton Mandarin & Mango Tea

2:15 pm 1/2 large apple with 2 tablespoons peanut butter

3:00 pm 1 hard boiled egg

3:30 pm 24 oz drink mix with ice, Morning Spark Grapefruit Caffeinated

4:30 pm 24 oz espresso drink with ice...yeah, caffeinated!

5:30 pm 1/3 lb lean ground beef burger patty with cheese and mustard on a sandwich thin (toasted)..

Totals for the day:
Calories: 1541
Fat: 83.9
Carbs: 109.9
Protein: 102.2

Still, the carbs are higher than the protein..that's probaby because of the lunch I had..that stuff is LOADED with fat and carbs..I can do better..much better. I just need to get rid of those stinkin convenience meals!

How did you do? 
Yes, RNY worked for me but it also requires a lot of work from me!

Before Surgery: 214
Highest Weight: 240
Now: 125.6
Goal: 130
angienichole
on 7/14/11 1:00 pm
Okay... I am going to try and post everything I ate today. I am trying to get back off the carbs and get the scale moving again. I did much better today than yesterday, but improvement is still needed. I don't know times or really serving size, but a close guess... that may be another area to improve in... Also, not including beverages... I only drink water, coffee and an occassional diet soda...

1 egg with cheese and turkey sausage
1/2 hamburger & 3 french fries
2 popsicles
1 slice of cheddar cheese
peanut m&ms... these made me have "dumping' :(
1 baby cucumber
1 srvg pita chips
4oz chicken breast
1/4 cup broccoli and cheese
1/4 cup cucumber & onion in vinegar salad
2 hershey kisses
1 WW ice cream bar

WOW!!! Too much snacking going on... gonna have to try harder tomorrow to get that under wraps... I know it's stress, but life is not always going to be stress free and I need to squash the stress eater in me!
48lbs lost PRE-OP -  LBL on 3/24/2011 -- 11lbs of skin removed! 

Not the Same Dawn
on 7/15/11 8:38 am - BEE EFF EEE, CA
Did you wrap the hamburger in lettuce? That removes quite a bit of carbs..I love sandwich thins..they're 100 calories and half the carbs of a regular bun..

Yikes. I know the M&M's would make me sick..yikes..

Looks like you did pretty good in any case..I know what you mean about snacking..

Keep up the good work. See ya.

morgansmommy
on 7/14/11 2:24 pm - Gig Harbor, WA
Could it be your hormones keeping you awake? I saw something on Dr. Oz today about what we can do to help withh night time hot flashes and it seemed he said they may help your sleep as well. I was only half paying attention all I remember is adding flax seed and or oil and liquid licorice root to your tea. I gave up caffeine with this surgery nearly 7 years ago and am so sensitive to caffeine now when I have just a little like diet coke or iced tea. 
0800-protein drink
0915-oatmeal w splenda
1100-boiled egg
1300-macadamia crusted halibut and green salad 
1630-bagel thin w peanut butter- pre zumba
2030-grilled chicken sandwich from McD w top bun removed and some fries
2200-probably a skinny cow
All my water and such and an hour of zumba then I did 5 miles on the recumbant bike with a 5 on resistance. I am so sore from my run yesterday, not sure why. 
TGIF- I am so ready! 
Mary
Thanks for the prayers; it will all work out. I will either keep my job or get to explore some other options. I will have 12 weeks severence pay plus my 4 or 5 weeks of PTO. 
Not the Same Dawn
on 7/15/11 8:35 am - BEE EFF EEE, CA
You know..you could be right about the hormones..I keep a nice cold drink next to the bed and that helps with the hot flashes but maybe that's the problem!

I'm not sensitive to caffeine - or let me rephrase that..I haven't been sensitive to caffeine..I usually can drink a cup of hot coffee and go to sleep..but then I am getting older .. Hate to admit it but I am.

Are they for sure going to lay you off? That just plain sucks..Keeping good thoughts for you on that whole mental trip!

You did good in any case..keep up the good work. See ya.

Most Active
Recent Topics