Hello, I have questions...especially of VSG Graduates

vsarossy
on 7/23/11 3:59 pm - San Jose, CA
Hi there.. I used to be quite regular on this forum, and in the past couple of years only peeked for a moment to see how or what others were up to. I just discovered the link for WLS Graduates, and am hoping maybe here I can ask questions of others who are post op and in maintenance land, how things are?

I had my VSG done March 2008. I lost a good amount of weight and my body stopped a bit shy of my goal. I've been thankful and grateful for my VSG and the success it has brought me. I was wondering if others struggled to maintain or lose additional weight once the initial effects of the procedure seemed to have worn off? Do others with VSG still have difficulty with certain types of foods? For instance, I still have great difficulty consuming leafy veggies.

I still try my best to maintain healthy food choices; high and lean proteins, take daily vitamins, etc. I do have trouble drinking enough water though. I still cannot drink and eat solids at the same time and still tend to "fill up" rather easily. How have you coped with it? 

I also have been struggling more recently with losing that last 20-30 lbs, and combating the tendancy to slowly regain. What calorie count seems to work for you? I find that going over 1200 in a day is bad news for me. Some days, it's tough though keeping under that without feeling light-headed.

What sort of workout routine are you keeping? I guess in general, I'd like to know what's working for others out there...

Thank you in advance for sharing any insights and experiences with me.

*Weight lost in 11 months

mini_me_ now
on 7/24/11 1:16 pm, edited 7/24/11 1:17 pm
you might get alot more answers if you pop over to the VSG maintainence group .. alot of pateints from northern cali  are members of the group  and may be able to answer your questions.

i think 1200 calories with not alot of exercise is pretty common those eatng alot more are the ones doing alot more exercise...

here is the link for the group..

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Linda     5".4

6lbs under goal weight
                  Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

vsarossy
on 7/24/11 2:15 pm - San Jose, CA
Thank you - I'll give that forum a shot!

*Weight lost in 11 months

Most Active
Recent Topics