vitamins

teresasmiles
on 7/31/11 1:19 pm - Painted Post, NY
I am 3 years out. My last blood work results a month ago were very very good. The thing is this, I haven't been taking my one a day vitamin. It has been at least 4 months since I stopped.  Having said that, I have regained 10 pounds from my goal weight over the course of a year.  I know that isn't much, but I dont want to gain anymore. My question is this, even though I am not eating sweets of any kind, I don't eat the breads, candy, etc. The bad foods. But, I seem to still be holding onto those dang ten pounds.  Need to get a jump start on those 10 lbs and get them off. Help, send me some good ideas on how to jump start it.

ALESIA1966
on 8/1/11 3:00 am - New Bern, NC
Hi Teresa,

What you have experienced is pretty much the "norm", a 10% regain is fairly common around year 2 1/2 - 3...I have heard this is because the body finally learns how to regain some its mala-absorbtion properties, thus a little bounce back even if you are still following all the original rules...HOWEVER, I would suggest, if you are not currently tracking your intake, that you go back to a food diary, track total cals in & fat, carbs, protein - @ 3 yrs out you are probably eating more now than you realize & increased calories can & would account for adding a few lbs...Also, know that, even if you reduce your cals in & up your exercise, at this stage losing is a VERY slow process and you must reasonably expect to eat less & exercise more for 6 months or more before you see those 10 lbs go away ( and, I'm sorry , but you still might not lose them, most long-termers struggle with some re-gain )

Alesia : start 249 / surgeon's goal 138 / current 142  

Most Active
Recent Topics