anyone doing weigh****chers

Debra Welker
on 8/13/11 8:54 am - Kaukauna, WI
I have gained about 30 pounds in the last 3-4 years, and really need to get it back off. Tried weigh****chers in january and only lasted a few weeks. Now Im going to try again. I know one of my biggest problems is drinking alcohol, kind of a cross addiction. Im really working on getting it under control, I started weigh****chers on wednesday and have not had any drinks, so Im hopeing to keep it that way. Deb
morgansmommy
on 8/13/11 3:21 pm - Gig Harbor, WA
I joined 3 weeks ago because of a 10 pound regain and to keep DH company. He is in the Air National Guard and needs to lose some weight to pass the "tape" test. I do not really track my points that much but continue to track my foods on the daily plate. I usually stick around 1500 calories which is fairly equivelent to what I would have with WW points. My addiciton is sugar! I had slipped back into getting a sweet with my afternoon tea and staying up later and having an additonal snack before bed. I also had cut back on my exercise with DH in Kuwait and my favorite  running buddy moved! DH is back and I have resumed running with a previous running buddy on Saturdays which motivates me to get my other two runs in during the week. I enjoy the WW meetings and they know I am post GB and I do not get any "looks" or comments. I never hit my goal of 175; my lowest has been 187. I usually stay around 190, but popped up to 198 three weeks ago; yikes! Good luck; you can do this, we all can. If we have a bad hour or day just start over; every day is a do over! WW is similar to what many successful  post ops do; record their food daily, drink their water, try to exercise 30 minutes most days, and stick to whatever their eating plan for their  life is. Some can do moderation, some have to stay away from trigger foods.
Mary
Debra Welker
on 8/13/11 10:12 pm - Kaukauna, WI
Thanks for you inspitation Mary, sounds like your hubby is also your best friend with is wonderful. I have been tracking everything in my weigh****cher tracker and have been staying within my points. I to tend to reach for that evening snack, I like to read at night and seem to always have to have popcorn or pretzels but have neen using the weigh****cher endorsed and staying within my points. I did get to my goal of 158 but had a hard time staying there, I leveled out around 165 for a few years but have gone up to 195 in the last year or so, I really want to get back down to 165 and in my size 12 clothes that I have a closet full of. I am really determained this time and have stuck to plan all week, I will post my weigh in on thursday, wish me luck, Deb
morgansmommy
on 8/14/11 2:54 am - Gig Harbor, WA
Deb,
Good luck! It is just one day at a time or one point at a time! I tend to ude sf jello in the evening to keep the snack monster away. I feel a bit" too full" and it keeps me from wanting anything else. Look forward to hearing about Thursday, have a great week.
Mary
B.J.
on 8/14/11 11:45 pm - Rehoboth Beach, DE
Add me to the cross-addiction club, the alcohol and return to poor eating habits has caused me to gain 40 lbs. as well over the past couple of years. Today (!!!) is the start of replacing those bad habits and NO drinking -- yesterday was my birthday and last hurrah, so to speak. :-)

-BJ
Debra Welker
on 8/15/11 5:56 am - Kaukauna, WI
B.J Im glad im not alone out there. I am so proud of myself it was a week yesterday without a drink, Im feeling great. Its alot easier to eat right when your not drinking and not hung over. Salads are definetly not hang over foods, like burgers and fries. There use to be a forum for cross addiction and alcohol use but I havent seen for a while. Its amazing how much I can drink???? Im good at putting away a large bottle of wine in a night, or 1/2 bottle of whiskey or vodka. I know I can do this on my own, I did before surgery. I didnt drink for 1 year after surgery, then tested and walla here I am. Thanks for your reply, Deb
Debra Welker
on 8/21/11 7:32 am - Kaukauna, WI
Two weeks today since I had a drink and I feel really good, had a couple temptations but didnt give in, good luck and keep me posted, Deb
Wendy R.
on 8/23/11 5:31 am - Ulm, MT
Hi,
You can add me to the cross-addiction club as well. I had gastric bypass in 2002 and I have slowly gained 40 pounds back over the last few years. I love carbs and I drink with meals. I know one of the big reasons for the weight gain is drinking wine. just in the last 2 days i have been really disgusted with myself so I am going to try and get back on track.

Wendy
Mary Catherine
on 8/18/11 7:55 am
 I love the current Weigh****chers points system.  For dinner I had a cup of fresh spinach, about 10 Brussels sprouts and a half cup of sour cherries with Splenda.  Total points - 0 and I am full.

I have cut out most of the meat and feel really good.  I still eat some eggs, cheese, and skim milk, but a lot of low carb vegtables and fruits.  

The weekly weigh in keeps me focused and accountable.  I feel it is the right plan for me.

Debra Welker
on 8/21/11 7:37 am - Kaukauna, WI
I lost 2.8 pounds my first week and am on my second week. I to love the plan and fill upon fruits and veggies although us WLS, we still need our protein. I have protein with every meal, but mostly chicken, fish, or weigh****cher cheeses. I love the ww pepper jack slices on a sandwich, only 1 point. Are you getting in all your points every day? I know its important, I sometimes have a couple left but am to full or its to late to eat anymore. Keep me posted how your doing, Deb
Most Active
Recent Topics