Endoscopy Sclerotherapy for gastry bypass (failed by me)

cayita63
on 10/22/11 9:04 am - Ft Lauderdale, FL
Does anyone Know about this procedure . I had Gastric bypass in 2004 lost 100 gainned 40 i am so scared . dont hae money for the rose or stomaphix procedures. can someone tell me ? THANKS
Ladytazz
on 10/23/11 3:40 pm
As far as I know the schlerotherapy is the same as the stomaphix procedure. Neither that or the ROSE procedure has had any success that I have heard about.  Don't waste your money.
Have you had a scope and been diagnosed with an enlarged stoma?  If so the only thing that can help is a surgical revision to either fix your stoma and possibly your pouch if that is too large, or a procedure to another surgery such as the DS.  Some doctor's may recommend a lap band (band over bypass) and I have heard of some success with it but not alot.
You might want to post this over at the revision board.  There are several there how have gone through the same thing.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Jenni_9yrspostop
on 10/26/11 7:40 am
Those procedures don't have a good history of working anyway. Are you following the rules for portions and caloric intake each day? Water, exercise, low carb, low fat, low sugar? If you aren't doing what we're suppose to for maintenance then the fix is fairly easy. You don't have to undergo a medical procedure. THis tool we have in place is forever if we want to use it. You can go back to small portions, or liquids or whatever to get back on track. Work up to more solid foods, and eventually you'll lose and be able to maintain. For most post ops 1200 calories per day is recommended unless they do strenuous work every day, low carb - I stick to under 45 gms a day, low sugar, 3 protein forward or only meals a day and healthy snacks if needed. Try to get back on track on your own again and see if that doesn't work,. If your weight gain is related to a medical problem - something not right with the original surgery your doctor can fix that. You can lose the 40 you gained. Medications are also available for those with OCD or other compulsion problems and therapy with a person qualified to treat post wls patients a plus.
See what you and your doc can come up with. If he won't help, back to basics to start dropping those unwanted pounds can help with motivation.
Jen 10 yrs post op
gordan
on 10/30/11 1:42 pm - Quincy, MI
I had sclerotherapy done on oct 28th. The dr told me this is to help me restart but will not be like the original surgery. I had an opening of around 20mm he wants it around 10mm. The procedure went well and I got a lot, out of the appointment with the dietitian. I am very excited to use the tool I was given again.

I will keep posted on how I do.
Cherri
cayita63
on 11/4/11 9:55 am - Ft Lauderdale, FL
Thank you so much for your eplies..I am still looking to see what is new for a enlarge stoma...i wont   awstw money that i dnt have and i read so much of so many revisions..over others surgeries...i just want information..i am not following ou rules...that it is..thanks please keep witing me..i need u ..
Most Active
Recent Topics