sensitive bathroom issue - i'm reposting !!! help !!!!

janine b
on 12/19/11 3:45 am - Pooler, GA

ORIGINAL POST FROM OCTOBER
i have a very personal question if any of you can answer possibly,,, i am now 6 years out of WLS,, have done great,, post op i am now lactose intolerant,, i can deal with that,, no other complications,, lost 96 lbs and have kept it off,, my issue now is that for the past two weeks,, actually going on ten days,, i am not able to eat anything and i mean anything without major bathroom issues (diarea),, i have experienced dumping and know it isnt this,, i have really no appetite and i have not gone thru anything like this,, question is - has anyone gone thru this?  i am wondering if it is just some type of e-coli strain that i caught or could it be a complication this far out of surgery?  my boyfriend and i have eaten the same thing since last week with the exception of a grilled chicken breast at a company picnic ( i ate that - he ate the hot dogs ) which is why i am thinking its that ,, and maybe because of the surgery it is taking longer to get out of my system than it would a normal person who didnt have the surgery/sensitive stomach like i have?   any ideas    

NOW THE UPDATE AS OF TODAY
ok so here i am almost three months later,, i have gone to the doctor for tests and they found nothing?????  no ecoli no salmonella nothing???  they said that it could be that by the time we did the test the parasite was gone and my body is just healing now,, i dont know anymore,, but all this started on Oct 2 and today is Dec 19th,, i tried the charcoal,, i tried culturelle, i tried a travelers probiotic,, tried immodium ,, unfortunately none of it has worked, since this started i have now dropped about 25+ pounds i cant figure out what is causing this??  could it be a complication of surgery at this late a date?  which is odd to me since it just came out of nowhere one day fine then next day in the bathroom and havent gotten out of there since,,,  could it be my body is still healing from an e-coli strain?  i've monitored foods and it doesnt matter what it is that will trigger the aftermath,,, although the timing is now longer,,, it was that i would eat and within two hours it was bathroom time,, now i can eat and its about four to five hours later 
does anyone have any ideas????  know of anyone that has had this so far out of surgery? 
sorry but i am at wits end and the doctor is stumped too,,,  

MarshaAnne
on 12/20/11 5:15 am
 I feel really bad for you.  I wish you could get some definitive answers.  Some things to consider is a food allergy or intolerance such as gluten/ wheat/etc. That can cause bathroom problems.  Also, I have colitis which got worse after my surgery.  Have you seen a gastro doctor?  You might consider that since it has gone on so long.

~ Marsha - RNY January 29, 2008

highest weight 297 (5'0")

Day of surgery weight 272

lowest weight 169

current weight 184

Ladytazz
on 12/23/11 9:35 am
I used to suffer from chronic intestinal bacterial overgrowth.  All the cultures were negative but the only thing that helped was Flagyl.  The day I had my revision, to lengthen my common channel, was the last day I had that.
See if you can get your doctor to prescribe some Flagyl and see if that helps.  Sometimes when you are on Flagyl it gets worse before it gets better.  If it does work keep taking probiotics to keep the good bacteria strong.
I was told that the reason my cultures were always negative is because they don't test for all the possible bacterias.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

alfatboyz
on 1/1/12 3:09 pm
Sounds like Ulcerative Colitis. You need to see a Gastro guy asap.
Most Active
Recent Topics