Your Best Protein Snacks? Calling Everyone!

cutie3pie5
on 3/16/12 3:56 am - Lexington, SC
Hello fellow Grads!  It's been a very long time since I've been on the boards, but I have an amazing excuse, I had a little girl over the summer (Before WLS, Doctors told me the chances of having a child were very slim!)  But I'm easing myself back onto the boards and have been pondering something for a while.  Being a new working mom, I'm on the go 24/7, lol.  I am in need of a list of your best protein snacks!  I love making my own nut trail mix and love the protein balls (any other variations out there?)  Protein bars are really expensive..... have had to cut those from the budget....but would like to try and make my own possibly.

I'm calling for everyone to chime in!!

I'm having to adjust to a new baby routine and am looking for other options that will help me "grab and go" with baby.

Thank you all so much!!!

*hugs*

~Shannon
W95831
on 3/16/12 4:45 am - CA
First, congrats on your new baby!

I really really REALLY love the Protein Pudding made with SF Jello Chocolate Fudge pudding and unflavored (or chocolate) unjury protein.

Stir 2 scoops of protein into the 2 cups of milk.
Then follow the directions on the package.
I pour the mix into individual sized servings so I can grab and go (or put it in my lunch bag).

It tastes soooooo good and really give me my chocolate fix without the guilt! 

Another favorite of mine is Fage Greek Yogurt with a little Splenda and some chopped fruit.
Huge protein boost and yummy!
Getting back on track 10yrs later after a REGAIN of approx 35lbs
Surgery weight:  277lbs             Goal/maintenance weight: 135lbs

cutie3pie5
on 3/16/12 5:18 am - Lexington, SC
Ooo Thank you!!!! :) 
Not the Same Dawn
on 3/16/12 12:54 pm - BEE EFF EEE, CA
I love workday protein snacks..Some of my favorites:

1 oz cheese sticks (either in single serve packs or cut up a hunk of it into 1 oz sticks) wrapped in deli meat (my fav is turkey breast deli meat) - if you buy a 1/2 lb block it's 8 sticks

hard boiled eggs (always great..you can even peel them and put them in a baggie so their super fast)

I like tuna packets too..You can put in some onion flakes and some zesty italian dressing with maybe some frozen peas and eat it from the pouch with a spoon..or a whole can in a container..

a pack of roasted peanuts (1 oz or 1/4 cup if you measure your own) or honey roasted peanuts, or spicey chili peanuts.

1/2 a small apple cut into slices with peanut butter..well, that's not alot of protein but the fiber is good and it fills me up pretty good.

1/2 cup cottage cheese and alittle sugar free strawberry (or whatever flavor you have) jam

1/2 cup refried beans and some cheddar cheese (nuked for a half a minute)..

I have little 1/2 cup tupperware or ziplock containers and also 1.5 oz tupperware and some frozen gel blocks that help with my lunch prep. I also use snack size and sandwich size ziplock bags (and I'm super cheap and rinse them out and re-use them..) I also cook up meats like chicken breasts and measure out 4 oz and put that in a ziplock snack bag and freeze it for a quick meat portion..either put it in a single serving soup microwave bowl or on a salad with some dressing (1 oz container comes in handy) when the weather is warm for lunch..
Yes, RNY worked for me but it also requires a lot of work from me!

Before Surgery: 214
Highest Weight: 240
Now: 125.6
Goal: 130
Most Active
Recent Topics