Need a Kick in the A**

mrschriscross
on 3/19/12 2:18 am - Oswego, NY
 I have gotten back into some old habits and I am finding it really hard to get back to basics. I find most of my problem is snacking at night. I have gained 2lbs. But have been bouncing back and fourth with those two pounds for the past 4 months or so. I am almost 1 1/2 years out and since my 8 month mark this past july I haven't really lost more than 5lbs! I am going to support groups and have a gym membership and I go a few times a week. I am drinking my protein drinks (yes I still drink them to help me make sure I get my protein) but I find myself laying in bed watching a movie or something to relax after the kids go to bed and wanting a snack. I am going for a TT consult in 1 month and would really like to get as close to 200lbs as I can. I am currently 214 as of this morning. I have lost about 93lbs since surgery. and 106 total. I am going to see a pyschiatrist in April as well, which was the soonest they could get me in. I know it's as easy as not snacking but it's easier said than done. I am so disappointed in myself.
Feel Free to Add Me on FACEBOOK just search for my name Angela Cross or [email protected]  Also if you could put you are from OH in the request it would help. Thanks :)

HW / SW / CW / GW
320 / 305 / 213 / 185   Updated 3-27-11

severman
on 3/19/12 11:07 am - Indianapolis, IN
I understand your frustration.  I am 9 years post op RNY.  I lost 140 lbs then regained 90 from steroids.  I have about 50 of those 90 to lose again.  Just be grateful you caught it early.  Try to drink a shake or water every time you find yourself wanting to snack. Or try to prepare ahead healthy snacks that are premeasured.  Hope this helps!

Stephanie E
Not the Same Dawn
on 3/19/12 12:25 pm - BEE EFF EEE, CA
snacking can be a really bad problem. You can stop, you just have to cut the things that you can't say no to completely out..don't keep them in the house. Food addiction is really hard but you can conquer it..
Yes, RNY worked for me but it also requires a lot of work from me!

Before Surgery: 214
Highest Weight: 240
Now: 125.6
Goal: 130
Tigs
on 3/22/12 3:07 am - Petoskey, MI
Sounds like you're finding all the right tools and support.  I still do one protein shake a day because I love them, it's a great source of protein, and I do better drinking rather than eating breakfast.

In the evening after the little ones are in bed and if I have any down time, I focus on water, and for a snack I have a protein bar.  (Give up my snack???  LOL)  I way too many to choose from...I'm trying a large selection of flavors of four brands, plus two brands I already know I love--trying to rate them on taste and healthiness and then narrow down my selection -- this is probably some kind of addiction :-)  I look forward to a sweet, crunchy or chewy snack that satisfies me, plus the 14-20 grams of protein is a bonus.  Perhaps take up a hobby that keeps your hands occupied, like cross stitch, reading, crocheting, doodling with colored pens, a jigsaw puzzle, crossword puzzles?

Congratulations on your weight loss and catching the regain early!
Most Active
Recent Topics