getting a pannectomy 6 years out

Debra Welker
on 4/12/12 10:37 pm - Kaukauna, WI
I have been putting this off for a long time, thinking through excesise I could lose the excess stuff on my stomach. Im 57 years old and it isnt working. I lost 110 pounds after WLS which was about 10 more than I wanted  had a 30 pound regain over the years and now have lost 20 of that. My doctor has agreed to do the "pannectomy" and my insurance authorized it and my surgery is May 1st. Im really excited and scared, I know its a long painful recovery but am hopeing it to be worth it in the long run. Anyone out their been through this? I would really like to hear your experiences and if you are glad you had it done. Thanks Deb
Tess145
on 4/13/12 12:04 am - Senatobia, MS
 Hi Deb:

I know a lot of folks that have had this that are posting on the plastic surgery message board.  You will find a lot of good answers and what you need to get for home to help you through this.  I am planning a fleur de Lis Tummy Tuck next month too!

Tess

Starting Wt 306; Losing Wt 155; Goal Wt 145: Regain Wt 225; Current Wt 157
PS:  FDL Tummy Tuck, Hernia Repair 5/17/12, TT Revision, Butt and Thigh Lift 4/18/13

W95831
on 4/13/12 2:30 pm - CA
I had a panniculectomy about a year after I got to my goal weight.
The recovery wasnt painful (to me).  There was some discomfort, but I was up and walking around easily within a couple of days.  The drain was the most uncomfortable part.  I'm SO glad I had it done.  Even now (9yrs later) it looks and feels great.

I have pics on my profile if you want to take a look.

Good luck!
Getting back on track 10yrs later after a REGAIN of approx 35lbs
Surgery weight:  277lbs             Goal/maintenance weight: 135lbs

Jobsies
on 4/14/12 12:12 am - Pitman, NJ
Honestly I found that recovery easier than my sleeve!  I was helping a friend close her classroom just a few days after surgery...

14 pounds lost before surgery. My first ticker is when I hit onderland: this was my goal when I started on this journey.  I want to focus on that right now...once I get there I can reevaluate.

My second ticker is my dream goal. Even if I only visit there for a short time, it would be nice to see that number just once.  I am pretty sure I'll need plastics to hit this goal.

Most Active
Recent Topics