Pobearsam7
on 5/3/12 11:25 am
Ok so I've been monitoring the vsg board for awhile just to see what it was about. I was suppose to have my sleeve yesterday but I had to postpone it due to high blood pressure. I started my weight loss process Jan 2012 at 299 lbs.. I've never weighed that much so it has been a roller coaster. I have lost 16 lbs on my own but I was dx w/ sleep apnea and high blood pressure since Jan 2012... So it has been emotional roller coaster.... But I'm remaining positive.... So my new date is 6/27 ... And I'm on 3 high blood pressure mess and at the cardiologist every week for the last 7 wks and no change w/ my blood pressure.... So im still waiting for the all clear from the cardiologist for the surgery ..So I'm glad I'm going through this process... Bcuz I did not know how bad my health was... But I'm wondering if anyone else found out they had some health issues as the were preparing for wls
Pobearsam7
on 5/3/12 11:29 am
I'm on 3 blood pressure meds.... And my current weight is 284lbs
Not the Same Dawn
on 5/4/12 1:15 pm - BEE EFF EEE, CA
Yeah I suspected that I was diabetic before surgery but really didn't want to face it..I figured if I ignored it, it would go away..but then I found out about the surgery and figured that if I had to have co-morbidities I'd start with that one..I called the PCP and told her I was ready to test my blood sugar and when we met for the results, she handed me my script for meds and asked me "So, what are you gonna do about it?" See, my PCP and I had been through diet after diet and diet pills. I told her I was thinking about gastric bypass surgery and she reached in her pocket for a business card and told me "We recommend this surgeon" turned out to be the surgeon I had met with already..I was good to go!

I'd already been on blood pressure meds for about a year before I decided to persue surgery because when I went to the dentist, I had to be medicated to keep from having a stroke.. 

Good luck on your journey..
Yes, RNY worked for me but it also requires a lot of work from me!

Before Surgery: 214
Highest Weight: 240
Now: 125.6
Goal: 130
Pobearsam7
on 5/5/12 11:05 pm
This whole process has been an eye opener for me. I'm taking better care of myself.
Most Active
Recent Topics