Almost 2 years out and feel like a failure sometimes.

slamb
on 5/14/12 1:30 pm - Springtown, TX
I understand. I lost 150 lbs with RNY and now I am also pushing 200. I used to go to jazzercise but stopped when the time changed in the fall. Now I am back and it's killing me. I am doing the protein drinks again and am not eating sweets, junk, crackers, etc....I read something on the Five Day Pouch website that I wish I had known from the beginning - our bodies are super efficient at taking calories and turning them into fat. So when one eats slider foods like cookies, crackers, chips, takes a sip of liguid, you have created the perfect solution for that small intestine to absorb it and turn it into fat. Those fat cells are still there. Now all they have to do is swell back up. I wish I had never eaten a bite of something sweet, a cracker, a chip, a cookie. If I hadn't known I could and stayed away from them, I wouldn't want them now. As long as we treat our bodies as though we NEVER had surgery, then we will look like it. I saw that on a website as well. So now I am only eating protein, good carbs, vegies, fruit, sweet n low and no sugar. I am limiting my carbs from anything except real, clean food. I have lost a few pounds in just a few days. Don't let this slippery slope become something more. I know I am white knuckling it to keep from sliding. Good luck!
Not the Same Dawn
on 5/14/12 11:25 pm - BEE EFF EEE, CA
I eat between 1500 and 1800 calories a day but I also move around..I think the key is to eat meals AND snacks..I don't ever go over 3 hours without eating something..and always something with protein..
Yes, RNY worked for me but it also requires a lot of work from me!

Before Surgery: 214
Highest Weight: 240
Now: 125.6
Goal: 130
crice
on 5/14/12 11:56 pm - Crown City, OH
Dawn

Could you post your waffles receipes?

Connie

Not the Same Dawn
on 5/15/12 12:07 am - BEE EFF EEE, CA

2 eggs
1/2 cup cottage cheese (I use non-fat)
1/2 cup soy milk (I use plain)

1/3 cup low carb biscuit mix (like Bisquick. I use Carb Quick)
1 scoop protein powder (I use CarbThin Soy Protein Baking Mix)

I also add 2 tablespoons flax seed ground up fresh and 1 tablespoon flax oil.

This makes FOUR waffles. I refrigerate them or freeze them and put them in the toaster in the morning for breakfast.

crice
on 5/15/12 12:54 am - Crown City, OH
                          Thanks Dawn

Connie
kig
on 5/17/12 2:47 am
how do you make protein waffles. Do you mind to give me your recipe.
Thanks
Not the Same Dawn
on 5/17/12 3:57 am - BEE EFF EEE, CA
2 eggs
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1/2 cup plain soy milk

1/3 cup low carb biscuit mix (I use CarbQuick)
1 scoop protein powder (I use Carb Thin Soy Protein Baking Mix)

I also add 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds and 1 Tablespoon Flax oil

This makes 4 waffles. They refrigerate well or freeze too..pop one in the toaster and they're yummy

lillypond...
on 5/20/12 1:50 am
Dawn how do you make your frozen protein bar ? please share :)
Not the Same Dawn
on 5/20/12 7:09 am - BEE EFF EEE, CA

Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl Protein Bars

• Cooking oil spray
  • ½ cup plain oatmeal (quick oats, not instant)
  • ½ cup unsweetened soymilk
  • ¼ cup egg whites (2 whites)
  • ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 1 scoop chocolate whey protein powder (1/3 cup)
  • ½ cup Splenda granulated or sugar (or 12 packets Truvia)
  • ¼ cup milled flaxseed
  • 2 tablespoons white whole wheat flour or whole wheat pastry flour
  • 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
  • ¾ teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 6 tablespoons natural peanut butter

1.     Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray an 8×8″ pan with cooking oil spray.

2.     In a microwave safe bowl, combine oats and milk; cook for 60 seconds. Stir and allow to cool; mix in egg whites and vanilla.

3.     In a large mixing bowl, combine the whey protein, Splenda, flaxseed, flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt.

4.     Add oatmeal mixture to dry ingredients; mix just until everything is moist. Spread batter in pan.

5.     Place peanut butter in microwave safe bowl and heat for 45 seconds or until melted. Spoon peanut butter over batter in pan and swirl with knife tip.

6.     Bake for 10 minutes; allow to cool completely before cutting into 6 bars. Wrap each individually in plastic wrap and store in the freezer or refrigerator. Unwrap and microwave 30 seconds to warm.

Makes 6 servings

Per serving: 195 calories, 11 g total fat, 2 g saturated fat, 5 mg cholesterol, 14 g total carbohydrate, 4 g dietary fiber, 12 g protein, 218 mg sodium.

I made a 9x9 pan and split it into 8 instead of 6..

Angie H.
on 5/14/12 10:45 pm - Brooklet, GA
Thank you! Thank you! for the ideas. I am going back to basics, as if I just had the surgery. I think what you said about eating as if you have never had surgery before really hits home. I will start back with more excercise too. Now, does it seem easier to lose weight for bypass patients? I know it was very difficult for me to lose weight before surgery. I tried everything, about killed myself excercising and still nothing. Anyway, thank you again for the advice and I guess I need to stay on here again to stay motivated. I had stopped coming to the site because I felt so bad  about not doing so great.
Most Active
Recent Topics