Accountability - Tuesday

Not the Same Dawn
on 10/10/12 11:55 am - BEE EFF EEE, CA
Wow. I'm sad that I'm getting so distracted with life that I'm forgetting my foundation..I'm torn between the foundation that's kept me sane all these years and launching out into...what? I did okay yesterday. I kept track but didn't post it. Today I didn't even really keep track but I remember what I ate because it's basically the same all the time..

Here's what I ate and drank

coffee w/NSA Swiss Miss (actually made with splenda. I make it myself!)

protein waffle, 1/2 medium apple, 1/2 serving sf pancake syrup and butter buds

double espresso latte

24 oz herb tea with splenda (on the drive into work)..dragging my feet to go to work..I'm really not loving my job much lately

1 oz mozzarella cheese, 1 pc turkey breast deli meat

24 oz drink mix with ice, non-caffeinated

1 home made protein/peanut butter/ chocolate bar

1/2 egg burrito without hashed browns

24 oz drink mix with ice, caffeinated

1 cauliflower flowerette and 4 oz baked chicken breast left overs

dinner: 4 oz broiled steak, 1/2 small baked potato with margarine, 1/2 cup canned green beans

Totals for the day:
Calories: 1697
Fat: 92.7
Carbs: 90.2
Protein: 134.0

Now those are some low low carb numbers..how in the world did that happen? I'm trying to get my protein bars eaten..I want to make some more. I put soy nuts on the top of thes last ones and it's not yummy..If I do them right, they taste like brownies..and that's yummy.

I'm doing okay. My weight is pretty steady at 132. I'm okay with that. The stress at work isn't letting up much so I'm looking for another job. The long and the short of it.

How did you do? 
Yes, RNY worked for me but it also requires a lot of work from me!

Before Surgery: 214
Highest Weight: 240
Now: 125.6
Goal: 130
Leslie P.
on 10/10/12 10:14 pm - Yucca Valley, CA
 Hey.  Hang in there.  As some one who ebbs and flows I say just keep coming back.  The blessing isyou know what works.  Some people haven't even gotten that figured out.  We have to put ourselves and the maintaining of our health/spirit first.  It sounds selfish but in reality it isn't.  If we are putting ourselves first and taking care of ourselves well, we are then able to bepresent for all the other things andpeople in our life.

Okay off the soap box.  I created a post about Tuesday and Wednesday but when I came here thismorning it wasn't here.  Sometimes Ithink I hit cancel after I have typed everything up instead of sumbit.  Luckily copy/paste it all to send to my OA sponsor so here it Monday and Tuesday:

Here is Monday:
32oz water and am vitamins
B: 1/2 cup 4% cottage cheese, 14 almonds, 5 prunes, 2 tbsp golden ground flaxseed
coffee w/non-dairy creamer
L: 1 cup split pea soup w/ham, 1 slice protein bread, 1 slice muenster cheese
32oz water and pm vitamins
S: Pure Protein Choco Deluxe Bar
D: 2 Flatout Flatbread, 1/2 cup seasoned ground turkey/fat free re-fried beans/sautéed onions, 1/3 cup cheese
S: Carb Conscious Chocolate Carmel Protein bar
Cals: 1838, Fat: 76, Carbs: 96.5, Protein: 138

Tuesday:
32oz water and am vitamins
B: 1/2 cup 4% cottage cheese, 14 almonds, 5 prunes, 2 tbsp golden ground flaxseed
coffee w/non-dairy creamer
L: 1 cup white chicken chili
32oz water and pm vitamins
S: Atkins Protein bar
D: 2 slices protein bread, 2 slices ham, 1 slice cheddar cheese, 2 tbsp cream cheese
S: Carb Conscious Choc Peanut Butter Protein Bar
Cals: 1798, Fat: 78, Carbs: 104, Protein: 133.5

Hang in there!

High Weight:  394                     Surgery Weight:  345

Here's to never forgetting where I came from so I never have to return...
Not the Same Dawn
on 10/11/12 5:08 am - BEE EFF EEE, CA
it's probably the new OH configuration...Its got me all flumoxed too. Of course, these days, it doesn't take much!

You hang in there too. We can only do what we can and after that..we can't. See ya!

(deactivated member)
on 1/4/13 5:39 am

Dawn, how are you? I haven't talked to you in a long time. I'm almost 7 years post-RNY now and doing OK, but I've gained some weight that I need to get off. I was reading your post, and wondered if you'd give me your recipe for homemade protein bars? I've tried a few, but none of them have been very good. I've ordered some Gnu bars. I used those a lot when I was living right, but they're so expensive (something like $1.60 each).

Not the Same Dawn
on 1/4/13 7:18 am - BEE EFF EEE, CA

I've been off the accountability threads for a while. I'm doing fine. Still maintaining about 130 pounds..occasionally dipping down to 128 or so. Here's the recipe:

Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl Protein Bars

• Cooking oil spray
  • ½ cup plain oatmeal (quick oats, not instant)
  • ½ cup unsweetened soymilk
  • ¼ cup egg whites (2 whites)
  • ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 1 scoop chocolate whey protein powder (1/3 cup)
  • ½ cup Splenda granulated or sugar (or 12 packets Truvia)
  • ¼ cup milled flaxseed
  • 2 tablespoons white whole wheat flour or whole wheat pastry flour
  • 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
  • ¾ teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 6 tablespoons natural peanut butter
  1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray an 8×8″ pan with cooking oil spray.
  2. In a microwave safe bowl, combine oats and milk; cook for 60 seconds. Stir and allow to cool; mix in egg whites and vanilla.
  3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the whey protein, Splenda, flaxseed, flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
  4. Add oatmeal mixture to dry ingredients; mix just until everything is moist. Spread batter in pan.
  5. Place peanut butter in microwave safe bowl and heat for 45 seconds or until melted. Spoon peanut butter over batter in pan and swirl with knife tip.
  6. Bake for 10 minutes; allow to cool completely before cutting into 6 bars. Wrap each individually in plastic wrap and store in the freezer or refrigerator. Unwrap and microwave 30 seconds to warm.

Makes 6 servings

Per serving: 195 calories, 11 g total fat, 2 g saturated fat, 5 mg cholesterol, 14 g total carbohydrate, 4 g dietary fiber, 12 g protein, 218 mg sodium.

GirlfromGrandIsland
on 2/21/13 11:50 am - Grand Island, NY

Dawn:

Thanks so much for Posting this!! 

Haven't been here for a long time, but your the first person I came looking for. So glad to hear your still doing well.

I'm going to try this recipe.

Thank you again, your always an inspiration.

(formerly GirlfromNY)

Not the Same Dawn
on 2/21/13 9:59 pm - BEE EFF EEE, CA

There are wls groups on facebook and since I spend most of my free time there..I'm there. Look for me Dawn DiSomma. I'll point you in the right direction if you want.

Most Active
Recent Topics