Packing Lunches

severman
on 1/11/13 8:54 pm - Indianapolis, IN

I went back to college this year.  I will be commuting to a different campus this semester and will be gone from 8 to 5.  So I will need to pack a breakfast, snack, and lunch.  I am tired of eating the same old things.  SO I am curious as to what are your favorites to pack.  Any suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks

Stephanie E

jlmartin
on 1/12/13 2:53 am - Random Lake, WI

For lunch I pack a 5oz Fage Yogurt, 2 packs of Kashi Granola Bars, and a 1/2 cup of cottage cheese.

Not much variety but I to change up the granola flavors. kiss

MyBariatricLife
on 1/13/13 4:40 am

oh, do try the bento box lunch approach that I write about in my article "Rethinking Lunch After Weight Loss Surgery." I discuss how super easy this is and provide ideas for a variety of easy to make lunches. I hope this helps - you can read my article on HealthCentral http://www.healthcentral.com/obesity/c/276918/157081/weight-bariatric 

Living life well-fed,

My Bariatric Life

Liz C.
on 1/14/13 8:19 am - Pacific Grove, CA

Thanks-read your article and found some online Bento Boxes that will work for me, plus other portable holders for oatmeal, salads, etc. Great idea! I'll use this after my surgery, or perhaps start now!

laughingeyes

MyBariatricLife
on 1/31/13 9:50 am

Fantastic! 

There really are a lot of options when it comes to Bento Box containers. 

Good luck!!

oceanwoodsangel
on 1/14/13 10:20 am

Here are some of the lunch ideas in the aforementioned article in the previous post:  These are great ideas I agree!! I like to take cheese slices, sharp cheddar.  Since surgery I need strong taste.  I also keep unsalted almonds for good healthy protein, that I can eat and keep at the office and in the car for when I forget to eat or am in those starving modes.  Helps me not stop and eat something I should not.  I really like the hummus idea. easy to make from canned chick peas at home too.

Thanks for the great ideas!!!  Tamilynn

• "Hard-boiled egg, lettuce leaf filled with sliced free range chicken and hummus dip, grape tomatoes, and a plum
  • Raw almonds, raw milk hard cheese, turkey jerky, sliced cucumber, and figs
  • Leftover frittata , Caesar salad, and an orange\

MyBariatricLife
on 1/31/13 10:00 am

You are welcome Tamilynn - and thanks for your kind words!

I agree about making hummus form canned chic peas - easy, fun, and yummy! And you can sneak in a bit of unflavored protein powder to up the grams of protein.

Great idea to keep safe snacks in the glove box -- as long as you can control yourself to eat them only in an emergency. And be sure to keep water in your car because you can water load if you get into starving mode (pouch rules).

Hugs,

MBL

Most Active
Recent Topics