Regain from Lexapro???

Teresa D.
on 4/18/13 1:22 am - Peachland, NC

I had surgery on Dec 18, 2009. I lost 110 pounds.  To date I have regained 18 pounds.  Frankly I don't think this amount is that bad, however I do want to do something about it.  Back in December last year doc started me on a new antidepressant, Lexapro.  I can tell this has caused my want to eat increase.  I guess if you feel better, you want to eat.  I lost my job of 35 years last August so I was not in the best mental state.  I am better now.  Looking for work.  I guess what I am trying to say is when something life-altering happens to you, it affects you in many ways.  Now, my eating has increased, but I do not put anything in my mouth I shouldn't.  Just eating more of the things that I should.  Been eating a LOT of fruit.  I hate to exercise...!!!  My husband is an avid walker.  I need to find something that I like to do that will get me off my tush. 

If any of you weight lossers out there have any pointers for me...would love to hear from you.  Is there something that can counter-act the Lexapro's affect on my appetite?  Something natural.  I remember the obese days, and I DO NOT want to go there. 

Thanks for listening.

Teresa D.    
melsreturn
on 4/23/13 12:06 am - Madison, TN
I took lexapro after I had lost all of my weight. It gave me an obsession with food. I would stand at the fridge with the door open while my stomach was so full already... and wonder what I could eat... celery. Carrots. Cheese. Anything. I had it changed and that went away.

Most Active
Recent Topics