What Protein Drink do you use ?

LittleOne1139
on 7/26/13 10:00 pm

I  just  started a  new  protein  drink  ISOPURE zero carbs it  has  50g of  protein .  It  taste  very  good  I  have  tried the  Chocolate and  Strawberry ...  I  was  curious  what  ya'll  have  found  out  there ... 

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/29/13 7:08 am

I use a few brands. for powder -I use whey isolate - About TIme whey.  (all natural)

I try to rotate - and also use egg white, (unflavored) or all natural - there is a few brands, then I also use Organic Hemp proteins powder, and I use a vegetarian - vegan - gluten free protein powders. 

Some RTD that I can tolerate,m and even like - is MetRX 51 RTD (51 gr per shake) , and Pure protein RTD (35 gr per shake). 

Other than that - I try to avoid - or I can't stand some other brands.  

I noticed that I get sensitive to one type if I use it a lot. It may taste good - but after while - I can't stand it.   I learned to rotate some that I can tolerate. 

I used unsweet coconut milk or unsweet almond milk to mix with the proteins. (even RTD)  That make them taste more like a meal and no****ery and the little bit of fat helps with my RH.. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

LittleOne1139
on 7/29/13 11:45 pm

I  appreciate you  sharing I  will  have  to  try  the  egg  whites .. I  also  have  tried  the Pure protein 35 gr .... 

I  have  used  the unsweet  coconut .. will  have  to  get  some unsweet almond ...  I  like  it  with  water  as long  as  the  water is  very  cold...  

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/30/13 12:23 am

Egg white is acquired taste... so -so.. some love it - some hate it. I can drink it once in a while..  I also use egg whites in backing.  

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

lynnc99
on 7/29/13 10:43 am
I use Atkins ready tomdrink shakes primarily, but occasionally mix up a shake using whey protein. I haven't used Click, but am tempted by the great reviews.

LittleOne1139
on 7/29/13 11:48 pm

My  Dr's  won't  let  me  do  the  Atkins  drinks or  bars .. With  everyone  being  different  it  is  a good  thing  they  make a  wide  variety  of  shakes and  bars  since  every is  unique ... Thanks  for sharing .. 

Watson
on 7/31/13 8:07 am
VSG on 06/08/10 with

The protein drink (powder) that I use is called: Pure Protein Whey Protein 25g Premium Protein Vanilla Cream. I started to use this product before I have my weight loss surgery and still using this product to this day.

Highest Weight: 565 pounds (around 1999), Highest BMI: 94

Pre-op Weight: 476.40 pounds (2 weeks before {05/25/2010} VSG surgery), Pre-op BMI: 79.3

Lowest Weight: 153.5 pounds (as of 07/10/2013), Lowest BMI: 25.5

Current Weight: 350.75546 pounds (351 lb 0 oz./159.1 kilograms (as of 04/22/2019), Current BMI: 58.3

jgcobb
on 8/23/13 11:51 am - Houston, TX

I use ToppFast which is more of a nutrion /vitamin drink with some protein. 

Linda H.
on 8/27/13 11:22 pm - FERRIS, TX

Good Morning,

I've tried several throughout the years, the one I absolutely love right now is Big Train Fit Frappe, I've only tried the espresso one since I've found that I need that extra boost of energy but if you don't drink caffeine they have caffeine free ones also...it mixes very easy with hot or cold liquids

Many Blessings
Linda  
RNY 7-25-05 

Mountain Mama
on 9/6/13 11:32 am - Evansville, IN

I've used the Isopure Grape and loved it. 

However, I also like the Chike Orange Dream and Strawberry Burst and I currently drink the Syntrax Nextar Carribean Cooler.  It just depends on what I can find the best price on when it's time to buy again.

Normally though, I don't use protein drinks and prefer to get my protein in "real food".  I reserve the protein drinks and protein bars for road trips when my eating schedule can get off track.  I'll pack an individual protein powder pack and protein bar for each day I'm going to be gone to make sure I get my protein in -- along with my protein drink shaker bottle.  :)

Pre-Op  3 mos. post op  5 mos. post op  At Goal  Surgery Date - 12/10/2009  Goal Met -8/26/2010

Most Active
Recent Topics