Under weight

Corgi Mom !.
on 10/29/13 5:47 am - sunny, FL
Is there anyone who is struggling to maintain or continues to lose weight...I am 8 yrs out 5'7" I am 119 pounds..I fluctuate between 119 and 115..I started at 287 and had Rny laproscopically. I am experiencing malabsorption of my vitamins and calories. ? Anyone struggling with this? More importantly has anyone solved this problem?
Corgi Mom
RNY
3/16/05
287/129  bmi 20.2 height  5'7"
Loss is good Maintanance is GREAT
Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly
Ladytazz
on 10/29/13 2:46 pm

Is this a new problem or have you always felt like you are struggling?  I am just wondering what would cause it to be a problem after 8 years, what may have caused it?  What does your doctor say?  I don't really struggle to maintain but I am only 3 years out.  I kind of expect it to become more difficult as time goes by but for now it is pretty instinctual. 

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

cajungirl
on 10/30/13 6:55 am

Is this a recent problem or have you always had problems keeping your weight in a normal range?  I'm 8 years out also, not underweight but below goal.  I don't at this point have to watch my intake too much to maintain.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Corgi Mom !.
on 10/31/13 11:30 am - sunny, FL
I had a bowel resection 3 yrs ago. This is when the malabsorption started before this I considered 145 pounds as my attained and successfully maintained goal..went down to 112 after surgery then 115 to 119 for the past 3 years and that is withou****ching my diet ..I can still only eat small amounts which I do frequently.. had my first iron transfusion 3 days ago..we will see..any comments are appreciated
Blessings on your journey
Corgi Mom
RNY
3/16/05
287/129  bmi 20.2 height  5'7"
Loss is good Maintanance is GREAT
Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly
PamBenthall
on 12/31/13 7:59 pm - Fayetteville, NC

Surgery May 2004,  Pre-op - 312lbs,  Post op - 111.

I too am having a terrible time keeping weight on.  I am 5'9, 111 lbs (down from 312 in 2004).  I cannot keep anything in, with exception of fluids and an occasional nibble.  I can however keep sugary sweets down. (seems like a dream, but it isn't).  Additionally, I hurt! constantly.

I saw my surgeon at Duke in October, and had an endoscopy.  He found a stricture, and dialated.  Things went very well for about 3 weeks, and the symptoms began to start again.  I have another appointment at the end of this week.  I am sure this will result in another endoscopy, but do not know beyond that.   

There are days when I am almost sure I am going crazy.  I wish you the best with your quest to gain.  If you find a secret, please share it.

Most Active
Recent Topics