Anyone else with long term side effects that feel like fibromyalgia/arthritis?? &React....

Candice M.
on 11/19/13 9:31 am - Birmingham, AL

Thank you! I appreciate all the replies & advice!! :)  I can use any help at this point. I just want to be a good mother & wife.

Candice
Nanook609
on 11/19/13 9:43 am

I know how you feel I also feel guilty about not feeling like my old self but I'm lucky my kids are in their mid to late 20s and if it were the other way around I'm sure you would be there for your husband so sometimes they have to take more of the reigns in the family when the other one is sick.  

kgr
on 8/15/14 7:34 pm - Purvis, MS

Go and see a rheumatologist. I have fibro and psoriasis. She ran some test and came by psorartic arthritis. I get injections for it every week. They will also do bloodwork for check for different things. Maybe this will help.

Tess145
on 11/20/13 4:17 am - Senatobia, MS

How are your iron readings and calcium readings.  Sounds like you have not been taking your vitamins daily.  With RNY we need so many extra supplements so that our body is not robbed on a daily basis for daily functions.  You need a minimum of:

1,800 mg. calcium (3 pills/chews daily)

1,200 mg. multi vitamin (2 pills daily)

63 mg. iron (1 pill daily) ferritin sulfate tender iron

Dry Vitamin D (I take one 50,000 pill once a week) I tried 5,000 a day but could not get my numbers in a good location

B12 Vitamin Sublingual 500 mg. daily

Magnesium 800 mg. (2 pills daily)

I take these daily except for the Dry Vitamin D which is once a week.  All my labs have been great especially the last 2 years.

So many people have had issues with the RNY and DS when they do not take their vitamins daily.  The deficiencies can really hurt you physically.  Please find a good MD to help you get all your numbers up.  You may even need iron infusions if your iron is too low.  If your Gastric RNY Doctor is still practicing, get a list of all the lab tests that you need so you will know what to tell your MD to check for.  I had to work with mine and now we are totally compatible.  She keeps me on my toes.  Once you have this taken care of and you still have issues then you will be able to look somewhere else for the solution. Good luck to you on finding out what is going on with you.

Tess

Starting Wt 306; Losing Wt 155; Goal Wt 145: Regain Wt 225; Current Wt 157
PS:  FDL Tummy Tuck, Hernia Repair 5/17/12, TT Revision, Butt and Thigh Lift 4/18/13

(deactivated member)
on 11/24/13 5:32 pm

I will mention one experience I had when my vitamin D was low (not deficient) I experienced bine pain in my legs and once I brought it up the pains went away. 

if your D is low you need to supplement with DRY vitamin D3. Don't let them prescribe D2 in oil form you won't absorb it.

-------------------------------------------------------

Cheap Towels | Hair Towels

H.A.L.A B.
on 11/25/13 1:45 am

This year (it was 5 years post op)  I was diagnosed with Secondary Adrenal Insufficiency (SIA). It is hard to say if RNY and Blood sugar issues made it worse, caused it or my RH was much worse due to SAI.. I will never know. 

I also developed some new allergies (may be SAI  dependent) and it sucks..  

A lot of people who have adrenal insufficiency - may develop body - muscles and skeletal pains and aches. Low Vit-D, calcium, Vit K,  also can cause severe pains.. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Kyraiyne
on 12/21/13 11:19 am - Walton , KY
VSG on 10/30/13

My mom had Rny in 2004 and I am 8 wks post op VSG.  I will say this, she was diagnosed with fibromyalgia a few years ago and was paying over $1000 every 3 months for her cymbalta Rx.   A few months ago she cut out ALL artificial sweeteners from her diet and started drinking Matcha tea daily.  She swears by the matcha.  A few weeks back she didn't drink it for a few days and her body was tortured with her old pain until she resumed it.  She will be 57 in a few weeks a literally the ONLY Meds she takes now are her vitamins.   My husband and I started drinking it about 2 weeks ago and I have to say, we're believers!   It's worth looking in to.  I hope you find a solution, you're so young.

BCCAS
on 12/23/13 11:12 am

I am having the same exact problems. In pain almost all the time.  I have reactive hypoglycemia as well.  My old GP thought it was fibromyalgia. I had to switch insurance recently and have a new doctor.  I've been feeling terrible so I went in with a written list of my symptoms and she told me there were too many to deal with so to pick the worst one.  I almost walked out immediately, but decided to get her to at least order labs while I look for a new doctor.  The labs so far have come back fine except that my fasting blood sugar was actually a little high, 102.  When I eat carbs, it sometimes drops to the low 60s at which point I'm shaky, foggy and feeling like I'm going to faint.  I too am feeling like I might have made a big mistake and am looking for information on reversal.  Very discouraged right now.  Doctors don't seem to know anything about this.

Most Active
Recent Topics