Sick and tires

niddy21
on 1/3/14 1:02 am - MA

Little background on me: RNY in 2009 loss of 80lbs then perforated marginal ulcer with emergency repair (open) 9/11/10. Multiple hospitalizations for ulcers, pain, 7 upper endoscopies, necrotic bowel yay.

So here's the thing. I started on a low/no carb diet and since then have lost 5lbs in 3 days and haven't thrown up since I've started. Now, for the past 4 years, I've been vomiting a lot and on an almost daily basis after eating for the past 2 years. So anyway I decided to stupidly eat a muffin top this morning because I SOOOOOOO needed to (not) and guess what, instant nausea, and feeling as if I am going to vomit at my desk. So, do we think it's a gluten allergy or just unable to digest it due to bypass surgery? I noticed too that every time I tried to eat some kind of pasta, bread or potato, I was ill. I tried a corn pasta a few months ago and could actually eat a 1/4 cup without throwing up.

Anyone else have this experience with gluten?

H.A.L.A B.
on 1/6/14 2:47 am

I think I may have issue with gluten.  Not sure 100%, but since I eliminated gluten and some other foods - my gas (smell and pain- cramps) are much less of an issue. 

I plan to see doc in Feb to find out what I am allergic to. 

If food you eat makes you feel bad - then make sure you stop eating it. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

hollykim
on 1/12/14 4:18 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

Could be gluten. Could be sugar also. Could just be wheat which turns into sugar as soon a s it hits our mouths,where digestion starts. 

I would think it was pretty obvious from the. Muffin experiment that it is wheat,gluten sugar or all of them. 

I'm sure you were aware befipore your bypass,that there were going to be this type of food restrictions,possibly?

GL

Most Active
Recent Topics