desperate for information - gallbladder

ktharp89
on 2/25/14 10:03 am - Gaithersburg, MD

Hi everyone. I haven't bern arrived in a while. I had surgery three years ago and I've been talking to my primary doctor about this but it's late at night and there's nobody I can get in contact with right now so I just wanted to post here and see if any of you have any experience with this.I think something is wrong with my gallbladder. Everything seems to point to that. I am burping nonstop and it isn't just a little bit but it is all the time. I wake up and I'm burping and it hurts whenever I eat or drink I burp. This was not something that started at right after my surgery. It just started about a month ago and it's getting worse and worse and more painful. I have a lot of air in my body and I can tell somethings wrong. Under my room right rib cage it hurts and there's a lot of pressure and some of my incision place and my back hurts.today I had an ultrasound and apparently my gallbladder looks fine but it's just too hard to believe. Could something be wrong involving the surgery? Even know it was 3 years ago?I told the Dr that I want to figure this out because my husband and I want to start trying to have a baby and I don't want to have to have surgery after we get pregnant.I know this is a lot to post about but I just figured maybe you had trouble with your gallbladder or have some information about it or can share personal experiences.my Dr just keeps giving me powerful and acids but that seems silly because this just started a month ago. My diet has not changed in a month. Okay I'm going to stop rambling now and thanks to anyone *****ad this.

Height - 5'8  - SW - 292/ CW - 177.6 /GW - 150 - BMI - 27.1 - 114.4 lbs lost!
"The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore" Vincent Van Gogh
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

lisashe
on 2/28/14 2:00 pm - Cary, NC

i had my gall bladder out before surgery, BUT... had surgeries after the gastric bypass because of complications. even years after... always right side pain under ribs.. they did a ct scan with dye, and found that i did have intermittent partial bowel obstruction.  it got worse, had to have emergency surgery. vomiting bile. sorry to be graphic, but u need to know what to look for. then, i also had surgery for internal hernia with adhesions, then a bowel collapse, usually found in infants called intussusception, more adhesion surgery with appendix taken out.. the only other thing i can think of for you, is pancreatitis? if pain persists, tell dr u want a ct scan   good luck hun

Gail S.
on 3/18/14 10:17 pm - New York, NY

I too suffered with the burping, pain under my right ribs and pain in my back for more than two years after my gastric bypass. I had a few sonograms, 2 HIDA scans, cat scans, endoscopies and a colonoscopy all with inconclusive results. The pain was so bad on two occasions that I fainted. Finally, my surgeon did an exploratory surgery to see if it was scar tissue, twists in my intestines or something else that wouldn't show up on the tests. They found my gall bladder was covered in adhesions and took it out. I have been pain free ever since! I wish you luck. Your symptoms seem very much like gallbladder issues.

Most Active
Recent Topics