5 years out and still losing

chumez
on 8/24/15 5:45 pm - Clyde, OH
StomaphyX on 05/18/10

Overall my experience with my surgery has been fabulous.  I have maintained my weight loss, but now I have started to lose more weight and I am not sure why.  I hate to even say this but I am actually to skinny.  I am really worried.  Any thoughts?

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/30/15 1:54 pm

Increase your calories. Maybe eat more often. 

If you feel you eat enough - a trip to the doc is recommended. Hyperthyroid -overactive thyroid may cause unexplain weight loss...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Zee Starrlite
on 9/2/15 12:55 pm

You are a man of little words.  Hard to have any thoughts with so little information.

You had your stoma tightened as some point so that means you needed a revision due to a gain?  And now you are losing again and too much??  Go and have a full physical with your GP.  Include every blood test you can think of.  I mean are you losing without any adjustments to your diet or activity levels.  That would be a problem.

All best,

Layla

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

Most Active
Recent Topics