What to tell my boss and colleagues that I'm doing

Paulala
on 1/10/16 4:42 am

Hi. I have been thinking about wls for years. I have taken the first step and booked in an initial consultation.  The problem is that the first appointment available is only days after I return from my annual leave and because it's out of town I will need to take the afternoon off work to travel. I don't want to say what I'm going for at this stage and can't think of an appropriate excuse that's not a straight out lie. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks heaps 

JA
on 1/12/16 12:11 pm - East Haven, CT

It's all personal about what you decide.  I chose not to tell coworkers and my boss when I had mine in 2004 and still don't share it with coworkers/boss.  Just say it's a medical appt.; you really shouldn't have to share what type of medical appt. it is do you?

Good luck.

JA

Eggface
on 1/14/16 12:00 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

Best wishes on your wls journey.... best gift I ever gave myself. When you decide which type is right for you be sure to stay active in that surgery forum... keeping your head in the game is super important, IMHO. 

You have an out of town appointment... people don't need to know all our business despite our social media dependance as a society ;)

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

KLE
on 2/9/16 4:20 pm
RNY on 02/01/16

No need to tell your boss or coworkers anything other than you have a personal matter that you have to contend to.  Later down the road you can tell them if you decide to do so.  I personally am glad I did tell my coworkers.  They were/are very supportive, give me encouragement when I need it and don't pressure me to snack when there are treats in the office.  Good luck!

(deactivated member)
on 4/29/16 2:56 am
Revision on 04/28/16

You don't need to explain. If you feel the need say the doctor. I doubt your boss would ask more. If HE does tell him Gynecologist! He'll never pry again. 

Most Active
Recent Topics