New to the group.

wandak
on 2/4/16 3:25 pm - lexington, oh
RNY on 01/05/16

I had the rny done on January 5th of this year. I had a hernia repair and my gallbladder removed. The first 2 weeks I lost 23 pounds last week was only 1 pound. Im not sure what to do. I am not eating much and I cant drink another protein shake or I will throw up.

Koko M.
on 2/27/16 8:26 pm - Albany, CA

You really don't have to do anything. That's quite normal. If you are using the OH HealthTracker thing here (the one that's a graph, not the widget) what you're likely to see over time won't be a slow steady straight decline, but will look more like a staircase, with lots of alternating flat spots and drops, over and over. You're in one of those flat spots, and you're not quite two moths out. Don't worry. Eat what you should - don't start eating even less, because even now your body can and will try to reduce your metabolic rate if it thinks it's starving. You can actually wind up working against your weight loss by under-eating. I do remember struggling to find things that I could palate in the early months, though. It was hard, especially since food was a comfort for stress prior to the surgery, and now it was the source of stress! 
If you can try different kinds of protein shakes (I know, kind of a pricey endeavor) you may find one you tolerate or even enjoy! 

Good luck.

Koko   

HW-291 :: 1st WLS consult-281 :: Surgery-263 ::  GW-154 :: CW-151 :: In my dreams - 138

Most Active
Recent Topics