Hello from California!!!

Laurie Y
on 7/29/05 11:55 pm
Thanks for the link to this board Janine J. This is a wonderful idea. I am a little over a year and a half out and look forward to discussing the emotional issues of successful post ops. I'm gonna dive right in and ask ya'll about your biggest emotional struggle. Ya know the thing that you were dealing with under all that fat. I have come into a major depression over the last couple of months, even though "things" have never been better for me, and it is the same depression I had as a pre op. I am going to therapy and it is VERY emotional work. I should probably mention I have chronic pain issues that have plauged me for over 10 years, part of the reason I got surgery. I guess the time during the initial weight loss was so euphoric that I thought my "issues" magically dissappeared as well. Boy was I wrong. Anyone have any thoughts or similar experiences they would like to share. Nice to meet you all, Laurie
Elle Felts
on 7/30/05 12:14 am - TUSCALOOSA, AL
GOOD MORNING LAURIE!!! HOW IS JANINE? I WAS JUST ASKINGA ABOUT HER??? I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN ABOUT BEING DEPRESSED. YA KNOW, WHILE THE WEIGHT WAS JUST DROPPING OR MIGHT I SAY MELTING RIGHT OFF MY BODY, THE DEPRESSION EASED UP SO MUCH, BUT NOW THAT I'M DONE LOSING, IT HAS CREPT RIGHT BACK. I AM SO DISAPPOINTED. AND NOW THE MEDS THEY HAVE ME ON WORK WELL FOR THE DEPRESSION, BUT HAS DESTROYED MY SEX LIFE. DOESN'T MAKE FOR A HAPPY HUBBY WENT TO THE DR, THIS WEEK AND HE'S CUT BACK MY DOSAGE OF LEXAPRO IN 1/2 IN HOPES THAT IT WILL HELP. IF THAT DOESN'T HELP, WE WILL CHANGE TO SOMETHING DIFFERENT. ALL THIS TIME I THOUGHT IT WAS THE HYSTERECTOMY CAUSING THIS DIFFICULTY. I'M GLAD TO KNOW IT'S JUST THE MEDS. ANYONE ELSE HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THIS??? ELLE
(deactivated member)
on 7/30/05 2:05 am - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Hello, all the way from the OTHER coastline! My BIGGEST EMOTIONAL STRUGGLE bar none - is mindless meaningless urges to eat. Not hungry, not stressed, not upset, happy, crying, etc - just a wandering mind that always goes back to FOOD. I hate the obssession with it STILL -- after such a long hard fight to regain my health, my life and to REPROGRAM my brain, the "formerly obese" food tape is still playing quietly in the background. Enjoy your weekend - Lei
granola
on 7/30/05 3:07 am
Hi Laurie, For me the depression has returned and is greater than it was when I had food to cope with it. As you know, I've tried everything there is to try and it's still there.....including therapy....back in it again...and trying to hang on to every day without eating that bullet. It's tough and seems to just get tougher....... I'm not liking life much right now.......but I keep telling myself I do. I don't feel very perky but I keep pretending....... In AA they taught me to fake it until I make it..........maybe this board is not a good place for me in that I don't try to fake it here...... J
~~Stacie~~
on 7/30/05 4:17 am - the bottom of a long ass state, CA
Shouldn't have to try to fake it...what is the point in that...did I miss the bylaws that said we cant be real here??
granola
on 7/30/05 4:22 am
Darlin' Bein' real on the Cali board has not served me very well....I'm probably outta' here too.....LOLOL. Steph, hope all is well as can be with B. You are both still here in my prayers and heart....... J
granola
on 7/30/05 4:24 am
This is only the third time I've called you Steph.......what's up with that? I sooo know you are Stacie.......There's a block there with those two names apparently.... How long have I known you? See? I'm just not doing well right now.......if there were only a magic pink pill......and I used to think I wanted one that would help me lose weight.......hah! What color is hemlock? LOL
Elle Felts
on 7/30/05 4:25 am - TUSCALOOSA, AL
HEY STACIE O. LOVE THE NEW LOOK. ELLE
dcox94
on 7/30/05 5:36 am - North Wilmington, DE
Laurie, My biggest emotional struggle was dealing with people that put me down. Never looked at me as being good! I would work very hard to get their approval. When I did not get it I could not understand and would eat and eat and eat...thinking well if I get big enough it would change things...no it got worse. I think I was obsessed with being liked or wanted...not sure which. Why did I need people's approval? They were not related to me and well they were just people. When I could not stuff those emotions anymore I got out of those relationships...not before I started to speak my mind....And let me tell you the one person really didn't like it! I really didn't like him either! But I never vocalized that I did not like the way I was treated not like it would have made a difference in his life. But I had to let go of it! I finally did this Thursday! I am gone and gone forever and hope to never run into these people ever again. The job was not worth it....the abuse that they put people under was not worth it and I am so glad I started to see what it was doing to me and moved along! Now what I have to do is remember that I don't like to be treated badly, I don't need approval, I need support! If they can't be there for me then they are not worth my time or energy! Although these days I have a lot more enegy then I did before! I am really glad I did this surgery. Its helped me to focus on me instead of deflecting! Debbie
CarolineAnnMartin
on 7/31/05 8:38 am - Collegeville, PA
Hi Laurie Just thought I'd send a big wave hello and let you know I'm thinking about you hon.... Sending tons of hugs and love, Caroline (who finally has internet connection following the move to the house)
Most Active
Recent Topics