Introduction....

SteveApril45
on 7/30/05 10:27 pm - frostburg, MD
Hi Everyone My name is Steven.I had wls 20 months ago Tomorrow.My starting weight was 565 lbs(my highest was 598)I am now 275 and I have gained 4 lbs in the last 3 weeks and that has me worried.I have not been walking as much as I should and I have a girl problem that has been bothering me for a few months now.I was stuck in my home for 12 years at one time and never left it.I've wasted so many years and when this sugery became an option for me I jumped at it.I have moved to Maryland from Mass,flew on a plane,rode a roller coaster 4 times in one day,fell in and out of love,and I am starting to live the life i've only dreamnt about.I am worried that the old Steve is coming back and I will not let him back in.I hope you all have a great day and i'm happy I found this board........steve c
Amanda-DS
on 7/30/05 10:45 pm
Hi Steve I am sure there were wonderful parts of the old Steve as well so cultivate those too. Remember you are worthy of all the attention you need to focus on yourself as well. So grab those sneakers and hit the pavement. My best ideas on problems come about 45 minutes into exercising. I am focused on what I am doing- and it seems to focus my mind as well. I think part of it may be that doing the exercise focuses me back on myself- not my husband, not the 3 kids, not my dogs, not my friends just me. Then if I look at a problem I have to answer "what impact is this having on my soul". If doing something is positive for me- then I am in. If doing something is toxic to my soul- being angry, resentful, doing something out of guilt, feeling put upon-then I have to figure out how to not do it, change it or just let go of it. glad your here!! gratitiude is my attitude Amanda S VG-DS October 2001 highest >350/342 start of wls journey/156@goal and ps
staci
on 7/30/05 10:52 pm - laceys spring, AL
Hey Steve, I'm glad to meet you and I'll be keeping you in my prayers...Staci
Elle Felts
on 7/31/05 3:01 am - TUSCALOOSA, AL
Welcome Steve. I wish you the best of luck in all your endeavors. We are here for you. Elle
Tessy716
on 7/31/05 3:52 am - King George, VA
Hiya Steve. I know EXACTLY!! how ya feel. I stayed in the house for a few yrs. not going anywhere....not that I couldn't just didn't want to be around anybody.... have back problems.......gained lots of weight and things just went down hill from there. .....Than I started lookin into having GB surgery and things got better. I have lost 121#........but I feel I am fallin back into the same place I was 15 months ago....I stay home way more than I should be.....I don't want to go out......I thought I would lose weight met a good man and life would be a bowl of cherries.....WRONG!!! I have not even tryed to met anyone.....my back it worse than it was when I was 121# heavier. Hang in there hun.......they say 'All good things..comes to thus who wait' Seatin here waitin for the good things..... I thank God for the great peeps that are here on this board and and the Va board....there are MANY days when someone will post a message on the board that makes me smile and know there are others here to help me snap out of the mood I my be in....( and often I don't post that they have made me feel so much better about the day .....) I love ya all and I know better days are yet to come. ~~T 296/175/165
Most Active
Recent Topics