Hey Guys and Chickies!!!!!!!

izdawnie
on 7/31/05 6:32 am - Haynesville, Me
Has been a while I know, but have been really busy, like Momma said, good and sort of complicated things, will start off with the complicated things, most of you that know me, know that my husband Mike was a Pentagon Cop.......... well things have changed....... He is now going through a medical retirement, he is having major issues from 9-11, he has lost some lung compasitity, and has short term memory loss from injesting the gas fumes..... Plus he has been diagnosed with Post Tramutic Stress Disorder, so he is a hand full at times.... and can really be draining at times..... Now for the GOOD stuff........ We did it, we finally moved and have everything mostly unpacked, up here in our very own, Green Acres in Maine.... We have been up here for a little over a month and had to have a new well dug...... our septic system fixed, and things are breaking everyday, but you know what, I love it...... lol....... is good work, and keeps me occupied.... We have moose in the back yard, and some deer, saw a hugeapottimus racoon out in back..... The dogs love it, we fenced in 1/4 of an acre for them to go out and play in...... Is really quiet up here, cept for the logging trucks, and some 18 wheelers driving into Canada, which is about 10 miles from us or so..... The other good part is, I am still fitting in my jeans, and haven't gained back any weight..... don't know how, and why, but is a blessing..... LOL is more of a blessing that we are 30 miles from town, so is the chocolate!!!!!!!!!! Marianne is getting excited about school, she has 43 kids in her graduating class, and a total of 250 give or take, in the whole High School, so is a small community, and every one has been really great up here to us...... Our nearest neighbor is about 1/4 of an acre away.... and everyone seems to know everyone, and the people that don't know you, don't hesitate to stop and say hi, and strike up a conversation..... Mother in Law is coming in about a month or so, so am trying to get everything done here, for when she comes, I still need to get a bedroom set for the guest room, before she gets here...... LOL..... will umm have to do that soon..... Lei, if you read this, a certain British Man told me to give you his warmest regards from Police Week in May, he remembered me, that was so cool, and asked for you..... lol..... like we knew he would..... Hope you all are doing wonderful, I do miss you all so much, I do try and get on, but am called away more often then not..... Hope you all are having a great summer as well. And to my Sybil Sis..... you still and Miss you dearly..... You all have a wonderful day..... Love ya's, Me
(deactivated member)
on 7/31/05 9:06 am - Fort Myers, FL
Val--Glad to see you are still alive and kicking. I am sorry to read about Mike's troubles. To be perfectly honest with you I don't know how people can ever recover mentally from that. I was greatly effected and I wasn't even there. Hope his physical health improves also. Glad to hear you finally got to make your move to Maine. You know that is where I moved from. What town did you move to? It must be small based on those numbers for the school. We lived in Falmouth and when my son entered hs the principal announced they had a two for one sale--they graduated 40 seniors and were receiving 80 incoming freshman. LOL Take care, glad the jeans still fit. Stay happy.
izdawnie
on 7/31/05 9:20 am - Haynesville, Me
Lynda, Hello to you too, is nice to see you.... Every day with Mike is new and an adventure, tell you what I never get bored, tired out trying to find him sometimes, yes, but never bored..... lol.... We moved 30 miles from Houlton, in a little town called Haynesville, with a river across the street, that came in real handy when the well went dry..... lolol...... Life, couldn't be any better on Green Acres so far...... I just wi**** would settle down some, I have a lot of painting and wall papering to do, the house was built in 1865, so with all of it's qwerks, I am just having a lot of fun..... Should have done this years ago.... Am glad you are doing ok.... and as always nice seeing you........
(deactivated member)
on 7/31/05 9:24 am - Fort Myers, FL
Jeeper Val--I know it is the boonies when you refer to it as being 30 miles from Houlton-not exactly the center of the universe. As the former owner of a very old farmhouse--I just have one little bit of info to share--there is a reason why they don't make em like they used to. LOL How long have you been there? Experienced winter yet? Even worse than winter is spring--Oh ya right--I remember now--there is no spring. It is a great summer though! Take care and enjoy your Green Acres.
izdawnie
on 7/31/05 9:29 am - Haynesville, Me
LOLOL Lynda, we have been here for 6 weeks....... can you believe it..... I came from Ct originally, so I know the winters will be brutal up here, but am looking forward to it... will give Mike something to do, if he remembers where he put the shovel....... lol...... says it is 71 out here now, but I know it is cooler then that, I have goose bumps...... lol
JoAnn
on 7/31/05 9:06 am - north of boston.., MA
hey syb im glad you posted and i hope you keep posting to this board..its great this board..no drama ..and of course you know im the biggest drama qween..lol im glad your all settled in god love ya i cant take the country..im more of a city slicker with the heart of a beach bum lol well stay in touch tossing you a pack of marlboro 1oos and a new bic lighter love ya JoAnn: as you!
izdawnie
on 7/31/05 9:25 am - Haynesville, Me
LOL Syb, Hung out 4 loads of clothes today, was a great day drying for sure, Marianne thinks I have lost my mind, but I told her we were getting back to basics, and she laughed, and said Mom, I didn't think this far back, so I threatened her with a black and white tv..... she has been an angel.... lol is 30 miles to town from here, and 12 miles to a little gas station mart... so we are really out here, is 25 miles one way for Marianne on the bus, she will be lovin that am sure...... not....... Thanks for the Cigs, but bought 2 cartons when I was in town today, damn would hate to run out up here.... lol...... so tossing you a pack of marlboro medium 100's and a new yellow bic, so you can find it faster.... Love and Miss you..... Sib and still TRYING to be as as you
Delores S.
on 7/31/05 9:08 am - Country Road, KY
it is so good to hear from you. Sorry to hear about Mike!!!!!!!! That is sad. Sounds like you live in a great place. Wish I were there with you. Sounds like a little piece of Heaven on Earth. Please don't stay gone so long next time.
izdawnie
on 7/31/05 9:35 am - Haynesville, Me
Delores, Is so good to see you too.... Is really sad with Mike, but if I don't laugh and joke around about it, I know I will be in trouble, and probably start eating again.... Is really heaven out here, and is good for Mike, getting him out of the city was the best thing I could have done for him... and up here, he is easier to find... Am going to try and get back on the boards as often as I can, but like i said every day is so unpredictable, one day he is up, and the next day, he is in his own little world.. You take care of yourself... and have a great night.....
Kaye A.
on 7/31/05 9:15 am - Brigham City, UT
Val, It is so good to see your smiling face on this site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have missed you soooo much. I am sorry about Mike. That is so hard. Just wanted to say hi and have a great day Kaye
Most Active
Recent Topics