Almost two years out ..

gboles
on 7/31/05 10:53 pm - Wetumpka, AL
Gained 10 lbs ! Can't seem to get it together. Just too many irons in the fire to work out. I know that is the problem. How does everyone find the time ?
Elle Felts
on 7/31/05 10:57 pm - TUSCALOOSA, AL
Good morning Gloria. It's good to see you posting here. Looks like you and I are in the same boat. I'm going to get to the gym today if it kills me. Tomorrow and Wednesday too, then we're leaving for the beach on Thursday. They have a fitness room there and I used it the last time we stayed there. I've got to get the rest of this weight off me. It just plain makes me feel bad. Seeing that you and I have the same Doctor,...were you told that you COULD NEVER gain weight back? And NEVER eat more that 4 oz of food, ever? I know things have changed in the last 3 years, but these are things I was told by our dr. Boy, was he ever wrong or what? Elle
(deactivated member)
on 7/31/05 11:09 pm - haverhill, MA
Me too. Those pesky ten pounds don't seem to budge either.
Elle Felts
on 7/31/05 11:26 pm - TUSCALOOSA, AL
Hey Kim. I'm so glad to know I'm not alone here!!!!
Amanda-DS
on 7/31/05 11:30 pm
i know that during the early part of the process I had to put myself first before family-------now at goal weight I have to work to do that at times. I have to carve out my exercise time-and hold it sacred otherwise life just keeps interfering. Summers are especially hard with 3 kids at home-luckily this summer my son is driving so I am getting a bit of a break from the 24hour mom-taxi service. When I get off track I look at my "holy triad of maintaince" Nutrition- protein/supplements Exercise-bith aerobic and muscle-building Mental health-prayer/meditaiton,local and cyber support group I try to figure out which one is in the most disorder----------and I then consciously work on that area until it is tamed or at least not causing me distress. i do not try to fix all area at once-because that would stress me more and mental health would definately take a hit. It is like looking at a long flight of stairs- not even being able to see the reward at the top (goal weight)-you have to take it one step at a time. gratitude is my attitude Amanda S VG-DS October 2001 highest >350/342 start of wls journey/155@goal and after ps
Myrtle M.
on 8/1/05 1:01 am - Duluth, MN
If I get too scattered with things to do - the first thing is I take time for me and make sure my eating is going well. I don't skip meals or graze because I'm too busy to make myself something or it's faster to grab junk than dig in the frig for some protein. Take time each day to have the meall you should be having. Exercise is a great stress releiver and isn't it great to know that 10 pounds will come off again. When I was a pre op 10 pounds meant 20 the next week and 20 more a couple weeks after that. At least now we have this tool in place to get rid of that extra 10. Get back to basics - get help from family or friends or support group if you need it - journal your intake if that helps. Make time for you first, everything else will then fall into place.
Most Active
Recent Topics