A Yes or No Will Be Appreciated.

WhataBreeze
on 5/23/04 1:11 pm - Overland Park, KS
This question is not considered medical advice. Has anyone Post-Op or researched Pre-Op ever heard of any Neurological Disorders coming from Bariatric (Gastric Bypass) Complications. If so, if your nice enough to answer, if it was Central Pontine Myelinolysis or any Demyelinating Disorder add it to your yes or no. May you gain the health you deserve for the risk you take. I thank you. J. M. Amitin
Sophia E.
on 6/7/04 10:54 pm - Lancaster, PA
J.M. In all of my research, I have not heard of any neurological disorders coming from bariatric surgery. In other words, No.
WhataBreeze
on 6/27/04 3:42 am - Overland Park, KS
I thank you for your response. I am quite sure the CPM was aquired due to the severe complications that arose post-op. It seems that it started by infection and then a anastomotic leak and there is not enough space to finish this story. Its kind of hard to believe you can go to better yourself and end up with this. (-8
Teresa A.
on 6/27/04 3:24 am - Charlotte, NC
I did 3 yrs. of research and my answer is no. P.S. I have worked in the Neuro field for many years and this is one area I researched thoroughly.
WhataBreeze
on 6/27/04 3:51 am - Overland Park, KS
When people hear my entire story the first statement is why have you not filed a petition. The best answer I can give is that I have yet to find the right people that can even explain how on earth this definately happened to me. I feel CPM must be so rare that there are not many out there who even have the knowledge of how to answer my questions. I do appreciate your response. (-8
iwant2sing
on 5/18/05 3:51 am - park forest, IL
Lap Band on 08/24/07 with
I am also in the neurology feild and the neurologist i work for said yes it is possible to have enurological disorders due to defeincies(sp) If you are not getting the proper nutrition and vitamins and supplements everything is bound to break down!
honestkate
on 8/14/05 7:23 am - Phoenix, AZ
Re: enurological disorders. Vitamin B deficiencies can cause severe neurological disorders. With all the fake sugars we ingest or real sugars for that matter, our body has to utilize it's B vitamins to process them since they turn to alchohols. Just like alchoholics suffer from B vitamin deficiencies. Take a liquid multi vitamin/mineral and try to eat more God-made foods rather than Man-made foods
(deactivated member)
on 3/11/08 4:02 pm - NJ
Yes. I've been researching weight loss surgery for a very long time and I read that RNY patients often suffer from B12 deficiency which can lead to other issues, one of which being neurological. Of course other weight loss patients may suffer from this too, but what I read was directed towards RNYers.
(deactivated member)
on 3/11/08 5:57 pm - NJ
Sorry I left out something. A lot of RNYers are suffering from Neuroglycopenia! That is a condition where the blood sugar becomes dangerously low. People start experiencing tunnel vision, loss of consciousness and temporary confusion. It's scary and it's now being recognized more and more since the amount of people are being hospitalized for this is increasing. I'm not sure if there is any way to prevent that from happening seeing as how RNY patients experience dumping syndrome after consuming sugar.
Most Active