New to site

ajmiller0103
on 8/22/10 11:22 am - Rocky Mt, NC
I am new to the website. I am in the LONG process of having all my test and evaluations to have surgery. WOW  - I didn't know there was SO MUCH to do to get this done! I am excited and can't wait to begin my new life!!!
MaMa_M
on 8/22/10 9:21 pm - MI
Wecome, yes it is a long process but so worth it in the end. I was banded on Sept. 15, 2009 and have lost 78 lbs so far. My blood pressure and surgar are now normal. I even went tubing this weekend! I never would have done that 78 lbs ago! Life IS worth living and you will be so much happier too!
MaMa M

ajmiller0103
on 8/22/10 11:22 pm - Rocky Mt, NC
thank you for your support! And congrats!!! I am getting the bypass - I would cheat too much on the band :( 78 lbs is awesome!!! ps - i like your bar... might have to change mine to hearts :)
MSW will not settle
on 8/24/10 11:24 am
Welcome!  Its a lot but its so well worth it. 

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

SylviaCruz
on 9/30/10 10:10 pm - Edinburg, TX
Welcome.  You're right it is a long process and sometimes can be frustrating but in the end all worth it.  I had my RNY done on 8/9/10 and I've lost 32 pounds so far.  It feels like more but that's what the scale says.  You'll be so much more excited once the weight starts coming off and your clothes fit better or no longer fit.  I'm so happy to be a loser of weight that is. 
Have an awesome day!

ajmiller0103
on 10/3/10 1:17 am - Rocky Mt, NC
thank you guys... i am in the final stage now.. had all my test done and awaiting the doctor's appt - then insurance - Then the surgery!!! Soooooo ready! I have begun to tell more people in my life about it and they are excited so that takes a lot of pressure off me... I was really conserned about them not accepting it. But they are so that is cool~!
Most Active
Recent Topics
how much weight did you lose?
Jetta311 · 1 replies · 266 views
Hello New Here
14u2c · 0 replies · 521 views
Hello New Here
14u2c · 0 replies · 511 views
Back to Bariatric Basics
Allison L. · 0 replies · 3568 views