(deactivated member)
on 11/25/10 3:56 am, edited 12/16/10 11:01 am - WA
Hi,
   I'm makat & so far I have been to te seminar and I have my first appointment with my surgeon on Decmber 16th at the U.W. to see if I can have the Lap Band done.
The surgeon who talked at the seminar is the surgeon I'm seeing so I kind of know a little about how is. I just turned 46 and am hoping that the Lap Band will be the one I can have done because it is less avasive then the others & I have already had numerous surgeries. Has anyone else had this procedure done & if so are there any tips would you mind sharing?

Thanks
makat

Today 12/16/10
  I went for my first surgical visit to see what surgery I qualify for & I am going to have the RYGB. & I am so happy that things are finally getting started.
In 3 weeks I go back to meet with the Nutritionist, Physical Therapist, & other team members that I'll be working with & have some lab work done.
Before I left I received my 3-ring binder which is full of all types of information including exercises & delicious recipes.
It is definately time for me to make the changes & this is my last option & Dr. Wright is the surgeon for me because he is really willing to help me & I never had anyone willing to do that for me before & I am so ready.
lptazbear66
on 1/3/11 12:41 pm - Murfreesboro, TN
Good luck, you are going to be happy that you are going with RNY instead of the band.  It just seems to be more successful.  I love love love my RNY. 

RNY at Vanderbilt Nashville, TN July 26, 2010 with Dr Clements. All loss is post op        
Most Active
Recent Topics
how much weight did you lose?
Jetta311 · 1 replies · 266 views
Hello New Here
14u2c · 0 replies · 521 views
Hello New Here
14u2c · 0 replies · 511 views
Back to Bariatric Basics
Allison L. · 0 replies · 3568 views