Weight Loss Surgery

marie830
on 10/5/12 7:33 am - Troy, NY
I went to my first appointment for my weight loss surgery yesterday. I am looking for a support group and a lot of understanding. I live in the Troy, N.Y area. Can anybody help me out?
Rai
on 10/9/12 9:57 am - NY
VSG on 05/04/16
Hi Marie. I'm in Bronx NY. I haven't found a group either, but hey, I gladly be your WLS buddy.
Rai
Modifying my sexy!            
1kimbo
on 10/29/13 1:12 am
VSG on 02/25/14

Hi!

I am waiting for a date, A support buddy would be great!   excited at the prospect of being thin and able to participate in my life more fully, but scared to death too!  What if I screw this up and fail like I had in the past.  I've seen example of success stories and failures.  So I know its not a sure thing.  I've not been great about tracking my food or exercising, in the past (or I probably wouldn't be here!).  

Have either of you told your family or friends?  I haven't and I'm  not sure how to.  I'm typically an "open book" kind of person, but this feels like admitting a dirty secret (which obviously anyone can see I have weight to loose- tho they never believe how much!) I've read so much about people losing their friends (I know, probably not real friends to begin with,).  I don't want to be talked about , so I should be honest, right?  I'm also not sure how to handle it with my kids.  Right now, I'm just "mom" to my 18,15 and 10 yr old boys.  They don't see me as fat mom...oddly enough, they really don't.  

Wow!  I can ramble...and I even have more on my mind- don't want to sound whinny or overwhelm anyone!

How are you handling (going to handle) any of these similar issues?

HW-227  SW 119  

M1-

Most Active
Recent Topics
how much weight did you lose?
Jetta311 · 1 replies · 266 views
Hello New Here
14u2c · 0 replies · 521 views
Hello New Here
14u2c · 0 replies · 511 views
Back to Bariatric Basics
Allison L. · 0 replies · 3568 views