Anybody got muscle pain?

AntNat
on 9/6/05 6:40 am - Kansas City, MO
I thought that losing weight would make most of the aches and pains go away, but I swear I have more now than before the surgery. I know I need to get to exercising and stretching, but owwww! Has anyone else experienced this?
Pattiann
on 9/6/05 10:45 am - Buffalo, NY
I have the same- I walk daily- I am hoping it is the fat breaking down... Take your vitamins and drink drink...
Moma V.
on 9/7/05 1:24 am - Frogtown, OH
the first 3 months I ached & pained, because my body was changing so quickly & I figured it was my body adjusting itself to carrying the wt differently. The next 3 months (3-6 months out) The aches & pains continued, but I blamed this on using muscles I hadn't in a long time & to using them differently. At 6-9 months out, most of the aches are good ones, using muscles harder & more actively, in ways you have chosen whether it be walking way more, running, biking, lifting wts., aerobic's, etc. Now at 9.5 months out, my aches come from just exercise, the good burn, (but I think I got a knee I'm about to blow out). Oh and upper back area, as no bra supports me well except for sports bra's, the twins are really looking sad. So the aches continue for me, but in different ways, most being good aches, from accomplishing goals of being able to walk for a long time, walk fast, run, ride my bike, ab work, exercise in general and being ACTIVE again! I push my body to it's limits now, during the process, ouch, next day... I feel good and am ready to go again. have a blessed day, Vicki
Pam S.
on 9/9/05 11:14 pm - Posen, MI
I've developed aches and pains all over especially in my legs. My Dr says probably restless leg syndrome? She says it can be caused from vitamen and mineral deficiencies although she didn't elaborate on which ones. I've also been having trouble sleeping because of this and so she gave me lunesta to help me sleep through the discomfort because it's the less agressive way to treat these restless legs of mine. We shall see. I did also have some burning and tingling in my feet and hands as well, but read somewhere that that can be vitamen B deficiencys. So, I got myself some Super B's from Walmart and I no longer have that problem, so I guess it helped. Bottom line, is talk to your doctor if the aches and pains persist and are really bugging you. It could be something serious, or something easily remedied. Pam
Jeanie A.
on 9/10/05 2:29 am
Somewhere in the back of my mind, I keep thinking that losing all this weight will make the aches and pains go away. It hasn't helped. About 6 years ago, I was aching all over, even my shins hurt. The doc thought it was polymyalgia and put me on prednisone. Hello, weight gain! That didn't help. They finally diagnosed me with fibromyalgia. It apparently doesn't care that I have lost 100 lbs. It still flares up regularly. Now they tell me I have bursitis/tendonitis/rotator cuff problems in both my arms. I guess I'll have to tell the Cardinals that I can't pitch for them. So, yep. I agree. If the aches and pains continue, see your doctor. It could be any of several things, and it may be something they can fix. Jeanie 5'10" 348/248.5/165
Pam S.
on 9/20/05 7:43 am - Posen, MI
Hey, I've developed a problem with the tendon and the rotator cuff in my left shoulder too! I've got some calcifications and inflammation. Steroid injection worked great for a while....but now it's back. Physical therapy didn't do a thing for it except to make my back hurt. What are they doing for yours? Pam
Jeanie A.
on 9/20/05 8:14 am
They are torturing me. Seriously. First they do a deep muscle massage, which literally bruises my arms. Then they connect TENS units and put ice over the probes for 10 minutes. Then I do stretching exercises in the doorway, in a corner, using a broomstick, and using stretchy plastic things. I have been doing this for 3 weeks and I still wake up in the middle of the night with great pain, wishing I could unscrew my arms and put them on a shelf somewhere. I see my rheumy next week and we are going to have to find a plan B. Jeanie
Pam S.
on 9/25/05 12:18 am - Posen, MI
Well, I hope your rheumy can figure out something. There are nights that I'd like to remove my arms and legs then I could have a pain free nights sleep. It would be kind of hard to get around though. Last night while I was awake, I was thinking would I like to be heavy and awake from sleep apnea, or lighter and awake from these aches and pains and decided I'd go for the lighter version of misery because my days are so much better. I guess it all ain't a bed of roses. I see my pcp again 1st week of October and will ask for another steroid injection for my shoulder since PT didn't do a thing for it. I'm not to excited about seeing a surgeon just yet. Pam
Most Active
Recent Topics
how much weight did you lose?
Jetta311 · 1 replies · 286 views
Hello New Here
14u2c · 0 replies · 543 views
Hello New Here
14u2c · 0 replies · 533 views
Back to Bariatric Basics
Allison L. · 0 replies · 3594 views