Sick over Doc visit..

meandpugs
on 10/3/05 11:33 pm - valrico, FL
Well I finaly went to the Doc for my back/ hip pain and got results of my blood test at the same time.. Blood work was very good except my hemaglobin was a little high... She took x rays and gave me pain meds that made me sicker than a dog... I will deal with the pain before I take any more perkacet(sp) I thought that I was going to die. So needless to say that I did not get in my protein and water ...Cynddee
lrosenda
on 10/4/05 2:39 am - Magna, UT
Cyndee, Sorry to hear that percocet made you sick. It is the only pain med I can tolerate. I get deathly ill on Loratabs! Argh! So, what's the story on your back/hip pain? Lori 384/294/170
meandpugs
on 10/4/05 3:14 am - valrico, FL
I***** I ws in a bad car crash that threw me threw the windsheild.and I broke my hip/pelvis and after 1 1/2 years I was able to be normal(as far as walking ect.) Then for years not much to fuss about Then a week ago Sunday I did my first in a long time yard work. and that started it...I feel like I did when I was learning to walk again,ouch...I went to Doc and did some Xrays yesterday we'll see what that shows...And Doc said it could be that because of weight change and shifts in bones and whatever else.I may have hurt the old injury. Something like that... Any way I wil be seeing a Orthipedic Doc after this so she tells me.. I am confused I thoght that after weight loss things would get better all the way around I just hope that I am fixed soon.. This sucks..Cyndee
Joni Denney
on 10/8/05 2:27 pm - Mission, TX
I too am struggling with lower back pain I have had MRI and physical therapy-massage and electroids. That got old so last week I went to walgreens and bought some Joint-Ritis on sale from $15 to $9, Arthritis and pain Reliever and some Cure-Heat (100% rebate in October) and it has helpedI am also wearing the elastic band the hospital gave me around my stomach/back. What really helped was when I went to a pain management Doctor and got shots. The pain was gone. I know this is not healthy long term so I am trying to stay away from that. he will only give maximum 3 shots a year. Today I am convinced that if I strengthen my stomach and leg muscles it will relieve my back. I am going to go to my pcp and get therapy with weights so my insurance will cover it. I feel your pain----(((hugs))) Wishing you pain relief!! joni.RNY.6.27.2005 261/207/151
Cathy G.
on 10/8/05 4:52 pm - Lincoln University, PA
I know your pain .Boy do I know your pain!!!!!! I was in a car accident 1 year ago 10/03/05.and I had a crack in my hip and have bulging discs and cysts that have formed onfemoral head the sciatic nerve lays in between 2 of them which has caused neaurapathy.I have been doing PT for a yr with no results.I have had very painful injections into my hip and spine.no help.I wear fentyenal duragesic patch that releases meds into my system slowly over a72 hr period,10mg valium3x aday,Actiq which is a 200 mcg fentyenal lolipop for break thru pain 2x day,Topamax for inflammation(migraine med that also helps w/arthritis)150mg lyrica for neaurapathy pain.and this keeps my pain level at a 6 on a scale of 1-10.I asked about surgery and was told it was to risky until the cysts got big enough to move the sciatic nerve out of the way so they don't paralyze me.And believe it or not the drugs hype me up instead of knock me out.can't win for losing.LOL!!!! just keep a good attitude.I learned this 6 yrs ago when my husband was in a bad car accident that left him disabled physically and mentally.Laughter is the best medicine and find a good support system.So anytime you need a shoulder just give me a holler. Cathy
darla
on 10/9/05 5:57 am - Detroit, MI
I had two back surgeries two months apart back in '98. I had been taking Feldene (a NSAIDS) for the past couple of years with wonderous results. Now, after WSL, I can no longer take Feldene, or any other anti-inflammatory drug, so the back pain has come back with a vengence! Everyone has told me that "when I lose the weight, the pain will go away". Well, the doctor told me that if it is scar tissue causing the pain, the only way the pain will go away (without meds) would be to remove the scar tissue. So, now I am in pain all of the time, and the only thing I can take to ease it up is Darvocet. I am hoping that when I start Aqua-aerobics tomorrow, that my muscles will strengthen up and my pain might ease up a bit. I will probably take a couple of Darvocet just before I get off of work and on my way to the spa - this way I should be relaxed enough to play in the water!! Darla
Most Active
Recent Topics
how much weight did you lose?
Jetta311 · 1 replies · 267 views
Hello New Here
14u2c · 0 replies · 522 views
Hello New Here
14u2c · 0 replies · 511 views
Back to Bariatric Basics
Allison L. · 0 replies · 3569 views