Newby--same story,next person!!!

Mooch W.
on 10/11/05 7:09 am - OK
Hello everyone!! My name is Loetta and I am starting my journey. I just wanted to say what an inspiration you all are and thank you in advance for all your help along the way. Wondering if anyone else has problems with Morphine=puck?? Actually all the opiates make me sick and don't really seem to control pain. Concerned about immediately post-op. I am hoping to have laparoscopic RNY so maybe there will be less pain involved.Any suggestions?? Thanks Loetta Starting weight 240
meandpugs
on 10/11/05 7:36 am - valrico, FL
Welcome to this sight .. and well wishes on your journey,,, I can't help you with your question though sorry. Cyndee
Mooch W.
on 10/11/05 7:42 am - OK
Thanks Cyndee!! Loetta
lrosenda
on 10/11/05 10:28 am - Magna, UT
Loetta, I had my surgery lap rny and didn't need any pain medication. But, I know everyone is different. Lori 384/292/170
Mooch W.
on 10/11/05 12:19 pm - OK
Thank you Lori. You are doing fabulous!! Have a great evening. Loetta
darla
on 10/19/05 1:57 am - Detroit, MI
I would talk to your anesthesiologist about your issues when you have your consult. He/she should have an alternative drug to give you. Darla
Patilee Y.
on 10/26/05 9:04 am - Brooklyn Park, MN
Good Luck with your journey, I am having RNY on the 31st of October (Scared to death might I add!!!) I am alergic to morphine and latex, but rest assured that there are many no opiate pain killers out there that work wonders, actually many of them are better than morphine!! (so my doctors have told me.) I had Major back surgery 2 years ago and they were able to control that pain with no problems. You'll (and I'll) be just fine!!! Good Luck!! Patilee
Mooch W.
on 10/27/05 6:42 am - OK
Thanks Patilee! Good luck on your big day!! Yes, you and I will both do fine. Let me know how your surgery goes. Be Brave!! Loetta aka Mooch
nessiepie45
on 10/30/05 9:12 am - CHICAGO, IL
Hi Loetta, I had a bad time with morphine with a surgery 10 years ago I plan to talk to ask for a alternate post-op pain med too. Vanessa
Mooch W.
on 10/31/05 3:42 am - OK
Thanks Vanessa! Good luck on you journey. Loetta aka Mooch
Most Active
Recent Topics
how much weight did you lose?
Jetta311 · 1 replies · 267 views
Hello New Here
14u2c · 0 replies · 522 views
Hello New Here
14u2c · 0 replies · 512 views
Back to Bariatric Basics