The Last Supper.....

jethor
on 11/26/05 11:19 pm - Arnold, MO
I'm so excited!!!! I've got my surgery date Dec. 7th. The one problem, here lately, I have been eating everything in sight! Is this normal to feel like your eating days are over??? That you'll never be able to eat this or that again??? I feel like I'm setting myself up to fail! Help anyone....
Matt S.
on 11/27/05 3:28 am - Otsego, MI
From what I've seen, we're pretty normal. I went through a lot of "last suppers," too. But, on the positive side, we're told we'll be able to enjoy many of the same things we did before, other than the stuff that we shouldn't be eating - the fast food, sweets, etc. I kind of burnt myself out just before surgery with burgers, pizza, Chinese, etc. Yes, your "mega" eating days will soon be over - but won't that be a relief? Still being on liquids for nearly two weeks (and special products for the prior two), I'm looking forward to some solid foods later this week! You'll get through it! Be strong! Carpe Diem!
Tinkermouse
on 11/30/05 1:14 am - Vallejo, CA
Joy, I watched a thing on Discovery Health Channel that showed a WLS patient going to his "last supper" the night before surgery. He ate the food not off a plate, but a platter. Like a 20 oz porterhouse, baked potato, and everything else including dessert. I thought about that and thought it would be kind of fun to go out to my favorite steakhouse "one last time" before surgery when I could eat the whole thing, knowing that after surgery most of the dinner will go home in a to go box. Here's the problem - I've got Kaiser and if I gain so much as 1/2 pound, they send me home. I made the presurgery goal (we have to lose 10% of our weight before surgery), and I will weigh in again tomorrow at a class, and again next week when I go for the consultation to be given a surgery date. They weigh me in each time, and if I'm even 1/2 pound over the pre-surgery goal weight, I go back to square one. So there will be no "last supper" for me... However, I really wish I could have a few days, or even a day for that matter, when I could just go to all my favorite restaurants and even have some Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey for dessert...enjoy it while it lasts and don't even feel guilty about it. If you don't have the same weigh-in issues us Kaiser folks have got, enjoy your last few days of being able to enjoy it. I sure would! Congrats on your surgery date - I'll hopefully be being GIVEN a date on the 7th, while you're in surgery. I'll be thinking good thoughts for you. Gwen 288/254/125
chauncine
on 12/4/05 1:45 am - Milwaukee, WI
Joy, We have all went through that phase. My last supper weeknd was this past Thanksgiving and like another person, I burned out on food. I'm almost done with week 1 of my liquid protein diet and have had some serious cravings. My surgeon told me that it's in my best interest to follow this diet because it will help him to do his best with my proceedure. I want no complications and to be able to get on with my life without my health issues. So, far the best thing about this liquid protein diet is that I have had to come off most of my diabetes medication and/or insulin because of low to normal blood sugars. Does a chocolate protein shake compare to a slice of german chocolate cake with coconut pecan frosting? To the one on the Keiser plan. Stay strong. Chauncine RNY 12/12/o5
Merrickkitty
on 12/17/05 4:27 am - EAST BAY, CA
I did amazing on my pre-op weight loss, so weight gain, although not preferable, was not an issue before surgery. I made out a "top 10" list of things I wanted to eat the day I got my surgery date (52 days away at the time) I spaced treats out while increasing my physical activity so as not to gain. I only lost 7 pounds in the last month, but I did get my cinnabon, kasper's hot dog, happy meal, DQ Peanut Buster Parfet and meal at Black Angus. Maureen
sor09
on 1/6/06 3:46 pm
Normal. Keep it light, to feel better later. My friend had surgery two years ago, and now eats only smaller portions slower. She says "I'll get ther too." I am at the beginning of my journey.
Most Active
Recent Topics
how much weight did you lose?
Jetta311 · 1 replies · 267 views
Hello New Here
14u2c · 0 replies · 522 views
Hello New Here
14u2c · 0 replies · 512 views
Back to Bariatric Basics
Allison L. · 0 replies · 3569 views