2nd Chance Revisions

Groups » 2nd Chance Revisions » Discussion » New Member - Just s...

New Member - Just saying hello!

BlaqueBerry918
on 11/3/10 1:22 am - TX
Hello!

My name is Dionne.  I am a former lap-bander. My surgery was in April of 2007.  I weighed 287 the day I received approval on Jan 18.  The day of surgery - April 27, 2007 - I weighed in at 252!    During the 1st year of my surgery, I lost 103lbs.  I went to 174lbs and a size 8!!  That was almost 4 years ago and since then my band has slipped twice. Today I stand @ 5ft 7 248 lbs today.   Until about a month ago, I still had my exercise plans dancing and working out each week.  I am considering the Gastric Sleeve however of all the doctors I have gone to, I dont trust anyone other than my original doctor.  There was something about his character, personality, and bedside manner that I just absolutely adored.    He was very spiritual and calming during our consultations.  Even though he did my lapband, is it crazy that I want to discuss the revision with him?  I have seen another doctor who have put together all the steps to have me approved however, when I go to his office, it feels as if he is herding a bunch of COWS thru the pasture.  There was no sypathy -  its was almost as if it was an assembly line.  I really want to lose the weight again and  I feel like crap that I lost all that weight then gained it back!  I feel like such a failure.

What's a PHAT girl to do?
Ms. BlaqueBerry
  My Blaque is Beautiful   
SueLo
on 1/7/11 2:12 pm
Hi Dionee!  I just joined this group and am looking for some inspiration.  Have you made any progress toward your revision?  what did you decide to do? 
poegirl100
on 1/16/11 2:10 am - Cibolo, TX
Hi Dionne,

I just joined this group today, so I'm new here, but I totally understand your feelings.  I also had a gastric band done (but mine was years ago in 1993), and initially I lost a lot of weight (140 lbs).  But slowly the weight came bac****il today I weigh just 10 pounds less than I did before I had the first surgery (275 lbs).  I felt like a failure for years, until I learned that almost all patients for the type of band I had (Molina band) had the same problems.  The band FAILED.  NOT me, the BAND. 

I think the same thing has happened to you.  It's not your fault that the band slipped!  You are moving forward and trying to reach a solution, so kudos to you!  Hold your head up! 

I'm not sure what to tell you about choosing a doctor.  I think you have to go with your feelings.  If you don't have confidence in your surgeon, then I think you need to step back and reevaluate.  I hope you will find a doctor you feel comfortable with and can trust. 

Be strong, okay?  You can do this!

Vickie