2nd Chance Revisions

Groups » 2nd Chance Revisions » Discussion » Hello, newbie here!...

Hello, newbie here!

poegirl100
on 1/16/11 1:27 am - Cibolo, TX
Hello everyone!  My name is Vickie.  I'm glad to find this group.  I am having a revision RNY next month on Feb 22nd.  I had a gastric banding done by Marcel Molina in Houston in 1993.  This was one of the very first "lap" bands, although it wasn't called that at the time.  It was a great success.  I lost 140 lbs.  I was able to keep the weight off for several years, but then slowly it started to creep back on, no matter what I did.  I thought it was my fault and I was ashamed, so I didn't seek any medical advice or help.  But I found out a few years ago that 95% of the Molina band patients were having the same problems as me!  The Molina bands failed miserably.  It wasn't my fault after all.

It took me awhile to make up my mind to do it, but now I am committed to having the revision RNY.  I have regained 130 lbs. and I'm much older now.  I have health problems from obesity in my 50's that were not a factor when I was in my 30's.  I need to get healthy again!  I'm am excited and scared all at the same time, but I know what I need to do. 

I live in a rural community with little opportunity for joining a support group, so I'm looking forward to making some new friends on OH.  I believe in second chances, too! 

Vickie