2nd Chance Revisions

Groups » 2nd Chance Revisions » Discussion » Trying to decide ab...

Trying to decide about revision, please share experiences

Claudined
on 12/27/11 3:16 am - Malden, MA
Hello, I had a RNY 6 years ago, I lost 100 pounds but have gained back 45 pounds and just can't loose any weight. I have done weigh****chers, I exercise regularly and nothing works. 
I have an appointment with my doctor next week to ask about a revision, but I would really like to hear any experiences anyone had after a revision.  Was it similar to your first surgery?  Are you glad you did it?
Thanks
foogoogirl
on 1/11/12 4:16 am - PA
Hi I also had RNY 11 yrs ago, I lost 150 but gained back 85. I have not had a revision, but took the steps to see the surgeon and get the testing done to see if I had a fistula. I do not, but my pouch is stretched, I go and see the surgeon on Feb 8th and will see what she plans on doing. I am not sure if insurance covers,or if she will repair it. I am hoping so, because for me trying to loose weight post bypass is near to impossible.  I know I have not answered any questions for you, but I wanted to let you know there are others in the same boat. And, yes, I would do the surgery over again in a heartbeat, when I think back to how good I felt when I was 150 lbs, I really miss those days!
karenyt
on 1/12/13 1:49 pm - Renton, WA

I would like to know more about revisions and what they do when you are 6 years post older gastric bypass and regained all weight.  my surgery was successful as I lost from 310 start weight to 180 at 6 month check up but done thru WISH Center and closed down before my 1 year and no surgeon or support group available.  Can anyone relate?