2nd Chance Revisions

Carol V.
on 6/1/12 11:33 am - AR
Hello, I am a new member, had roux-en-y revision in October.  Weight loss has been about 57 pounds, but has slowed to a turtle pace!  any suggestions to rev it up again?
3dogmom
on 3/24/13 12:46 am - IL

Hi there,

I am a brand new member just read your post.  How are things are going for you?  What did they do to revise the RNY?  That's what I had and am curious what they do to revamp things.

Hope things are going well,

Tracy 

Carol V.
on 4/1/13 8:44 am - AR

Hello Tracy:  I had to have the revision  because when I first had my surgery in 1982 they just stapled a line across the stomach.  Basically it grew back together.  Doctor said it was a gastric fistula.  So food was going into the past of my stomach that was stapled off.  This time he actually cut my stomach so that it would not grow back together.  I am doing well.  I have now lost about 79 pounds, but that is mainly because I had to have a hernia repair in February, since I was already going to be i surgery, I had a tummy tuck.  My doctor removed 17 pounds of skin and fat from my stomach.

Regretfully, I can still eat sweets, I wish that made me sick!

How are you doing?  When was your revision surgery?  How much weight have you lost?

Best wishes to you!

Carol