2nd Chance Revisions

Groups » 2nd Chance Revisions » Discussion » Starting to Conside...

Starting to Consider Revision to Lap Band from RNY

Teresa M.
on 5/19/13 4:14 am - Claremore, OK

Had my RNY in 8/2004.  Lost 80 pounds in the first 6 months.  Was watching everything I ate, exercising 2 or more hours a day, then stalled for about 3 months.  I was having trouble balance my life with small children, volunteer, home school work, and 2-3 hours of exercise every day.  Once I couldn't keep up with the 4:30 a.m. workouts, the weight started creeping back on.  At 18 months out, I had my 6th child and things just went downhill from there.  I ended up gaining back 60 of the 80.  Still at 41.2 BMI.  I don't know that insurance will cover a revision or whether a doctor will allow me to have one, but need to start somewhere.  I did lose a little weight last year, but again with winter, wasn't working out a lot and weigh crept back on.  Going to a seminar this week.

I have Cigna and if they don't cover, I'm wondering what my out of pocket will be.  Just a ball park figure--not exact cost.  I've got some money aside but if there are lots of follow up visits that won't be covered I'm not sure I can afford all of that.  I'm hoping that if a lap band is the suggested revision it could be outpatient.

My original surgery was in Lawton, OK and I went for the first 5 months for support group meetings but was never contacted by surgeon for follow ups or anything.  Do any of you guys have any info for me?  Not sure if I ate through it or what.  I was never "not hungry" and did pretty well with the self control until about 9 months post op when I had stalled for so very long. 

Please give me some suggestions.  I live in Northeast Oklahoma.

T

sharebear
on 11/22/14 2:32 pm - POCATELLO, ID
VSG on 01/27/15

No. That's my advice.  Any wls besides it. Almost all end up with some kind of problem. Example... slippage and erosion. You constantly need fill a and u fills unless ur lucky enough to b a sweet spot person which usually only lasts a few years. I have a band. Wish I would of gotten anything else.