2nd Chance Revisions

Groups » 2nd Chance Revisions » Discussion » Thinking about havi...

Thinking about having a revision

Elana P.
on 3/11/15 12:35 am - Silver Spring, MD

I had surgery in June 2006, I never lost the weight I wanted to and have gained almost everything back.  I am now a member of OA and realize I have a big issue with food.  I'm not sure, please let me know if you have any thoughts on the revision after having gastric bypass or any surgery.

Thank you,

Elana

Jarrett
on 3/13/15 11:47 am

I had gastric bypass in 1984 and lost around100 pounds. I started gaining my weight back in 2001 and a surgeon tell me, the staples used back then were not strong enough and a majority of folks are regaining their weight back. I thought I had almost everything completed. I had. Surgeon at Centennial Medical Center in Nashville. Then all of a sudden he said he wouldn't do my surgery. I called the office several times to find out his reasoning. He never called me back. The ladies that worked in his office with the insurNce called and told me.. Now I called Vandy and they said they so revisions.. Going to check them out.. I will have the revision in a second now just trying to find someone to do it.. 

Terrie Foust
on 10/22/15 4:50 pm - NC

Considering a revison. I was sleeved almost 3 years ago. Lost 90 lbs have gained about 50 of it back. Pretty much have my mind set on the revison from the sleeve to the bypass but Everytime i contact a surgeons office they shut me down and talk to me as if me considering the revision is all about the weight when it's mainly about my health. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to approach this issues so i will be heard.