Beautiful Chics

Groups » Beautiful Chics » Discussion » Welcome Friends!!! ...

Welcome Friends!!! (Intro's)

starorchids
on 5/22/13 2:24 am, edited 5/22/13 2:26 am - KY
VSG on 06/25/13

Hi Everyone!  Welcome to our little support page.  I wanted to take a minute to introduce everyone:

- Nancy is a friend of mine and used to work with my husband Eric in Lexington, KY years ago.  Nancy had the RNY (by-pass) by Dr. Oldham at Georgetown Bariatric in Georgetown, KY back in 2005.  Nancy has been very successful in her weight loss journey and has two children (one, not so much a "child" anymore - he's all grown up).  She's been very supportive of me and so helpful.  Nancy has been where we are all going to be...I'm sure Nancy would love to share any tips that you may help if you need them.

- My friend Christy is a very dear friend of mine who I've known for about 12 1/2 years.  Christy is having the RNY (by-pass) by Dr. Allen in Louisville, KY June 24, 2013.  Christy is married to a wonderful man and she has two kiddos also (although they are growing up too fast).  Christy has always been such a source of strength for not only me, but to all she comes across.

- Sherri is another dear friend of mine.  I met Sherri last summer (2012) at the YMCA Water Aerobics classes.  We became friends instantly.  Sherri is not having the surgery, however she is planning to do as much of the plan with me as possible.  It's very encouraging to have someone you see four times or more a week be able to do what you are doing.  We plan to utilize the pool this summer to maximize every moment we can to get fit and tanned!

- Shonna is a friend I met just a few weeks ago but just knew she and I would get along great instantly.  Shonna and I met at Dr. Weiss' office at Georgetown Bariatrics in Georgetown, KY.  Dr. Weiss is also her surgeon.  She got her surgery date the same day I did, however she was a luck duck and got her date for the week before mine.  :)  Shonna is having the VSG (Sleeve) also.  Her surgery date is June 3, 2013.

We all have many things besides this incredible opportunity in common.  The biggest one in common of course Medical issues:   Back problems, some have asthma, sleep apnea, high blood pressure, cholesterol, under/over active thyroid, etc.  This page is a page for us to talk to and lean on each other about anything troubling us, things we need to vent, or anything we want to talk about.  It is my hope that everyone feels comfortable and among friends in this group and will have open discussions about whatever is on our minds or if we just have questions, or even just need a bit of support.

We are all in the same boat...we all want to be healthy and live healthy lives.

Live well Friends!

-Melissa

SherriLynn1973
Group Leader

starorchids
Group Administrator