Central Connecticut Cares

got my date

jeepee
on 8/17/10 3:26 am - Ivoryton, CT
Finally I have a date aug 30 took along time Dr. office drop ed the ball they didn't have the right fax number hate to think of who got my information yak. Hope everything goes good a little nerves but will be okay . Can't wait to start the losing and getting my new  life!!!! I know it won't be easy but I'm ready for the task!!  Hope to see you all soon at the meetings .
globirdie
on 8/18/10 12:46 am - Middletown , CT
RNY on 03/25/09 with
Yipee I am dancing Yipee I am dancing and so will you ... just not for Labor Day but you will have walked your 16 laps around the hospital and step into an incredible journey

Good Luck

Lost 25 pounds pre-op
jeepee
on 8/19/10 4:31 am - Ivoryton, CT
Thank you I hope this is an incredible journey to my new life and feeling better about myself, and for myself.
globirdie
on 8/19/10 10:30 pm - Middletown , CT
RNY on 03/25/09 with
Of course it is an incredible journey... I can prove it   Last year I was unemployed but had the surgery and had a dream of opening my own insurance agency...Guess where I am writing this post from    MY OFFICE.

I never knew I had the skills it would take to generate business...but I guess I always had them but they were buried so far below adipose tissue and were  swallowed up with  every Big Mac and Whopper I ate just to feel numb.

The funny thing about this transformation is the body reacts the same way at your highest and lowest weight ...what I am saying I am 16 months out  and the pounds are creeping up about 6 pounds....  6 Pounds feels to me like the 122 pounds I lost....   My head started thinking the same and so does my stress buttons.    

But today I can recognize what is within my power and what is not.   Today I have the hospital support group, I have Our  Central Connecticut Cars support group,  I have a pool membership.  I can choose not to keep the crackers in my desk to much on.  (Your head can justify everything but being a prepared person with this tool can out smart if if you want it ).  

My only suggestion is to remember and journal how you feel waiting for life to start and remember that feeling... Because it was that feeling of change and anticipation that keeps me focused to see what new adventure is around the bend.   I already was at the fat persons bend and it was not a happy place.   Hell as a fat person there was no bend that you choose  to go down only sitting and waiting and getting totally numb on food so the pain was bearable.   As long as I was numb from not being able to move and sleep I did not have to live in the real world.  Hell for me there was no real world only the outside looking in

Good Luck

Lost 25 pounds pre-op
globirdie
on 9/2/10 5:50 am - Middletown , CT
RNY on 03/25/09 with
How did the surgery go.  You should be home by now or at least when you get to read this you should be home. 

I hope all went well and you will be seeing us soon to shout out ...I had my surgery 2 weeks ago.  

YOu Made it your now a POST-OP

Lost 25 pounds pre-op

Dan R.
Group Leader

globirdie
Co-leader

cricket59
Group Administrator